HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Midnite_rider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
Additcted to high wings
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2011
183 Posts
Discussion
Big John M.E.N. kit

It has a 76 inch wingspan. Both top and bottom wing are the same lenght. I think it is aboout 54 inches long. The kit has never been out of the box, but the plans were in bad shape. I think I have replacement plans that I got off of the web. I wish I had the instructions, I read an article that said the instructions were detailed and needed to be followed closely.

I also got this off of Craigslist. I paid 50 dollars for it. I did tile print a new set of plans but if anyone has or knows anything about the instructions, please let me know.
Midnite_rider is offline Find More Posts by Midnite_rider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:40 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,853 Posts
Kerry-I have a set of plans for a Big John,I think...Gimme a day or so,and I'll let you know for sure.I don't have a build manual though-I've never heard of one for it.
I keep sayin' I'm going to build one and never do....It's always something else.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:00 PM
Additcted to high wings
Joined Oct 2011
183 Posts
Awesome Earl. This big girl is going to be quite a challenge. I am excited about it. I am finishing a Top Flite Sierra right nowm so I am in no hurry.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:53 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,853 Posts
Bill N's Big John Bipe.

3 or 4 of them show up every year at our Antique flyins..They are awe-inspiring performers.They power them with from .46's up to .90 4 cycles...All fly well.
Some have ailerons,some don't-just a little more dihedral in 'em.
Some are full -dress,some just clear doped.
When properly trimmed,you can sneeze,fumble for your snot-rag,blow your nose,and find the airplane again,and it'll still be up there..
Rest in peace Bill....your legacy lives on.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:37 PM
Additcted to high wings
Joined Oct 2011
183 Posts
Earl I hope you have the correct plans. I got some from online and they are not exactly the same.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:40 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite_rider View Post
Earl I hope you have the correct plans. I got some from online and they are not exactly the same.
I think there is some variation in them-Some were called 'Big John,one more time'.
All we could find is the fuselage plan, and it's on it's way to you.
The Fuse plans do not match what you posted, and there's a notation on your plan that says "the first",-this plan says BJ ,one more time.

The wing plan search has not ended, friends have been contacted.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by epoxyearl; Feb 22, 2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:06 AM
Additcted to high wings
Joined Oct 2011
183 Posts
The plans I posted are not the right ones. I have the origional plans, but they are faded and very delicate. I think the ones you sent arrived yesterday. They came to the house but my wife was gone so they left a note.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite_rider View Post
The plans I posted are not the right ones. I have the origional plans, but they are faded and very delicate. I think the ones you sent arrived yesterday. They came to the house but my wife was gone so they left a note.
The ones I sent show their age, but they are usable, and after reviewing your plans, these should be the ones you want... But M.E.N. may have had something else in mind.I had never seen the kit.
RCG Plus Member