SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:15 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
You can crimp a new SMA on the end if you have the tool..but its cheaper to buy a new antenna from Mike than buy the crimping tool

Cheers for that Ascended, i jsut got back from the local elec shop and got them to put one on for me...Not going to tell oyu what i paid..ole well But i bet you ill never snip a DL antenna again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Eastcoast has been helping so many people here, all that needs to happen is for me to know which antenna he needs and it will be in the mail to him today

Mike
Thanks Mike! Now that i got this one fixed up i can get on with my bixler build and finally get this in the air.
Did you ship out my 2 RX's(vid contest winnings) with the 30'' and 36'' antenna's? last week? If so i should have em soon. One is going in my RadainPro and one in my TBRC Wing.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:57 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,851 Posts
my entry this week. A little of everything, stretching the legs on the Zebro52 wing, just to a mile, but getting used to it. Happened to notice at home that I was buzzing a cop, and didnt even know it :/ Also air to air of a cessna, some aerobatics, pretty awesome! Thanks Dragonlink for working so dang good all the time!

Cops, Cessnas and a little proximity, Flown with Dragonlik (3 min 5 sec)
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:08 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
So, I flew with my new Dragonlink Rx/Tx set this weekend. Performance was pretty horrible.

I was getting 2 miles no sweat with my previous setup. Now I was going into failsafe at 2000ft out, and even at 1000ft the RSSI kept dropping to near 0 at seemingly random intervals. Here's what has changed.

New Dragonlink Rx.
Same old Rx Antenna and component position.

New Dragonlink Tx. New Tx Antenna. Same controller and and install position.

I did run through the calibration procedure but after I calibrated that one, I calibrated the two other Rx's that I have. Does that invalidate the original calibration?

Later today I'm going to check the power output of the Tx, but I don't think that's the problem. The RSSI seemed to just go bonkers no matter the range or antenna orientation, it was not a smooth loss of signal as distance increased or even if I intentionally cross poled the antenna.

Can someone tell me exactly what is going on during the calibration procedure? I'd love to know the technical side to it.
No two RF modules have exactly the same RF properties, so calibration bridges the delta by calculating freq offsets to be used during the FHSS sequencing.

EDIT: In your situation, I'd suggest an ID change.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Last edited by chris1seto; Feb 25, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:24 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
my entry this week. A little of everything, stretching the legs on the Zebro52 wing, just to a mile, but getting used to it. Happened to notice at home that I was buzzing a cop, and didnt even know it :/ Also air to air of a cessna, some aerobatics, pretty awesome! Thanks Dragonlink for working so dang good all the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W16UAoSPRw
John,

I didn't see "Flown with Dragon Link" in the title of your video. Also, if it were me, I would remove the clip of the full size AC and change the title. Not that I don't think it is cool and I'm sure you had no intention of flying that close but it was close in air traffic standards. Just a suggestion.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:36 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
John,

I didn't see "Flown with Dragon Link" in the title of your video. Also, if it were me, I would remove the clip of the full size AC and change the title. Not that I don't think it is cool and I'm sure you had no intention of flying that close but it was close in air traffic standards. Just a suggestion.
In this case, I don't think this is really all that bad. He maintained distance and didn't try something awful like following the fullsize AC.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:39 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,851 Posts
I was up there, it flew by, I was keeping an eye on it incase I needed to hit the deck and stay clear. I was on the fence for throwing it in there, but it wasnt as close as it may look.. hope its ok.

Title says flown with dragonlink.

Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:51 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Wasn't able to fly my quad and test out the Dragon Link today at lunch
Before installing the Dragon Link, last night I moved my NAZA GPS to the rear arm of my TBS Discovery and tested outside and got full GPS lock.

I installed the Dragon Link and got too late to try out.
Came to work and was showing some people and it wouldn't get a GPS lock got nothing better than 2 red flashes.

I would have at least flown LOS but I was worried being the first flight for the Dragon Link I don't know what would happen if the NAZA went into fail safe without GPS lock.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Last edited by jasper7821; Feb 25, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:14 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
I was up there, it flew by, I was keeping an eye on it incase I needed to hit the deck and stay clear. I was on the fence for throwing it in there, but it wasnt as close as it may look.. hope its ok.

Title says flown with dragonlink.

Thanks
John,

Hope you understand I was not trying to bash you. With all the hype over drones in the UAS I'm sure someone is watching YouTube for violations. Maybe I worry to much.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:16 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,851 Posts
no worries, I had a spotter standing next to me, and I was keeping an eye on it from the plane, I was not trying to chase or intercept it, just being sure to keep my distance.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:28 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
It will be a firmware update, so you can buy whenever.
Done
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Hi guys,
I have a DL V2 with 2 receivers. I know I have to calibrate, ID Change, and Bind but I have some questions regarding this.

1) Which order should these be done?

2) Do I calibrate, ID Change, and Bind for both receivers? ... in other words, do I go through the whole process twice?

Thanks
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:57 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
And while we're on the subject of calibration, does changing the source radio effect calibration?
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Hi guys,
I have a DL V2 with 2 receivers. I know I have to calibrate, ID Change, and Bind but I have some questions regarding this.

1) Which order should these be done?

2) Do I calibrate, ID Change, and Bind for both receivers? ... in other words, do I go through the whole process twice?

Thanks
calibrate, then bind, unless you need to change the ID for some reason? Do that first I think.

2) yes, but dont change the ID all the time..
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
594 Posts
Ignore
AVIATION_RULZ is offline Find More Posts by AVIATION_RULZ
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:20 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,851 Posts
You dont have to change the ID, no.