New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by thepiper92
Joined Aug 2013
15 Posts
Discussion
UMX binding in DSMX

After about 800 flights on the UMX Pitts, the motor died. With a few crashes as well, I decided to get a new one. First flight, like many UMX planes (except for my first Pitts), lost signal. Crashed lightly in the field, just made a mark on the spinner. I'm using a 9XR with an Orange Module, and it works fine for my Gaui X3 with a Spectrum satellite, and my 250 with a AR7200BX, both of which are DSMX. I am wondering if the issue is DSM2 being worse than DSMX. The box for the Pitts says DSMX on, and I can't recall if the first Pitts had DSMX...but I can't get DSMX from the Pitts. I bind it the usual way, resulting in two blinks on the module. How on earth do I force it to bind in DSMX (three blinks)? I'm sure this would solve any signal losses, for I have only had issues on the DSM2 stuff, including the Blade 130x a couple times.
thepiper92 is offline Find More Posts by thepiper92
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by ivanc
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
10,160 Posts
Two blinks is DSMX on "standard" 22ms transmit rate. Three blinks is DSMX on fast 11ms rate. The last one works usually with the fast standalone receivers like the AR7610 and all 8-channel and above.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc