HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2014, 05:29 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Discussion
2nd helicopter

Hello everyone!
I am new to rc helis and I am absolutely fascinated with them! I recieltly purchased a 4 channel mix f45. It is my first heli and I am still learning (replacement tail gear in the mail). I am looking to possibly get a second heli for the days where its too crappy out or too windy to fly the f45 outside. So I am looking for something small to fly inside. I also want it to be able to help me with my flying skills for my f45. So the little one can be used to fly inside and practice. So most likely another 4channel. What is everyone's thought on a good heli. I don't want to pay a large amount since my f45 was a large purchase. So what would be a decent indoor hell that is cheap and durable? Thanks everyone!
LtGhost08 is offline Find More Posts by LtGhost08
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2014, 05:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtGhost08 View Post
Hello everyone!
I am new to rc helis and I am absolutely fascinated with them! I recieltly purchased a 4 channel mix f45. It is my first heli and I am still learning (replacement tail gear in the mail). I am looking to possibly get a second heli for the days where its too crappy out or too windy to fly the f45 outside. So I am looking for something small to fly inside. I also want it to be able to help me with my flying skills for my f45. So the little one can be used to fly inside and practice. So most likely another 4channel. What is everyone's thought on a good heli. I don't want to pay a large amount since my f45 was a large purchase. So what would be a decent indoor hell that is cheap and durable? Thanks everyone!
You really can't beat a WL Toys V911 for inside if another 4 ch fp is what you want. Try Banggood for the best price. They'll take a beating and keep on working due to their low mass. Stay away from any co-axials.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Jan 07, 2014, 05:44 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Ok I was doing some looking around and the v911 kept popping up so I may go with that. So its pretty durable? Do u own one?
Old Jan 07, 2014, 06:06 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
358 Posts
If you like the way the v911 looks, you will really like learning to fly it. It can take alot of abuse & keep flying, unless you break something major like a blade or burn out a motor. It can be flown outside in a low to no wind condition, I've worn out several & still have a couple unflown to keep flying when the mood strikes. If you go that route, get some of the 200 mAh batteries @ the same time so you can keep flying, not waiting on charging; they are only $3.00 each.
FloridaAKM is offline Find More Posts by FloridaAKM
Old Jan 07, 2014, 06:13 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
How durable is the tail? It looks fragile like the entire tail could break off
Old Jan 07, 2014, 06:36 PM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
386 Posts
I've got two and haven't broken one yet, which is more than I can say for the Walkera Super CP I had . Very durable, parts are cheap and easy to get, and if the mood strikes, they can be modded a bit as well. If you really want to get the most out of it, get a programmable radio and learn to program it. About $40 RTF from Amazon.com, they're just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on . Later.

Dave
daved20319 is offline Find More Posts by daved20319
Old Jan 07, 2014, 06:42 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Hahaha! So it sounds like the v911 is the best way to go then huh? I was thinking of going through amazon since they're doing free shipping over 35. May apply for the amazon store card to get the 20$ gift card lol
Old Jan 07, 2014, 09:20 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Also could I get a bnf model and use the remote from my mix f45 on this heli since they're both 4 channels?
Old Jan 07, 2014, 11:32 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
821 Posts
+1 for getting the v911, still got and use my original one over a year after I got it, only bits that tend to break are the main blades and flybar so get spares for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtGhost08 View Post
Also could I get a bnf model and use the remote from my mix f45 on this heli since they're both 4 channels?
nope as they use different protocols
subpixel is offline Find More Posts by subpixel
Old Jan 08, 2014, 06:19 AM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
And I heard there is a newer and older edition. I guess the older one was difficult to get battery in and out. Was it really that bad? Would it be safe to get the older version vs new version or is new better? And how do u tell the difference between the two
Old Jan 08, 2014, 10:05 AM
Joined Dec 2007
821 Posts
I'd be surprised if you could even buy an old version v911 these days but yes the older one could be a right pain to get the battery in and out at first.
tmart currently has the v911 pro for $38 shipped from the US http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2032327

And so you know, this is what the older battery looks like

and this is the current one
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:51 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Proud to say I just ordered a v911 heli! Can't wait to get it thank you everyone for your input. I did have another question since the charger is a USB charger can I plug the USB charger into the USB wall plugs (like the ones used for iPhone and adroids)? I have one extra so I'd like to use that for charging stead of my computer thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Dec 2007
821 Posts
pretty much anything with a USB port will work
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:52 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Ok so that will work then? I jus don't want it to overcharge the batteries or somethin