HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:49 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,675 Posts
Rave
EJF, Robert Wagoner, and the EJF staff

You see a lot of posts when things go wrong, but I thought I'd post about when things go right.

Earlier this year, I damaged the HET 2W-25 in my FunJet Ultra on a failed hand launch. It was my own fault; I should have chopped the power once I realized the launch went bad. The motor shaft and everything else looked OK but something was amiss because the motor sounded terrible when it was powered up. I contacted Robert at EJF and he said yes, we do repair HET motors. The cost was half of a new motor plus ~$5 to ship it back. He said the turnaround time was ~30 days. I was a little dismayed at the time frame - only because I'm impatient - but decided to do it because I didn't think it smart to spend $70 on a new motor when mine could be repaired for half the price if I just remained patient.

I sent the motor to Robert and when he received it, he sent me a PayPal invoice. It took me a few days but I paid it (work/home had been really really busy). Robert confirmed payment. The next day, I got a USPS Click 'N Ship notification that my package was on the way. I read the email a few times, not understanding. I emailed Robert and said, ummmm that was fast! Robert said that he had a new one on the shelf, wanted to get me "back in the air quickly" so he sent it to me! Holy cow! Talk about customer service!!

Remember that more expensive products will many times mean better customer service, this is the perfect example. I'll GLADLY pay more money for a name-brand that has better quality as well as having someone that stands behind their products... especially when the problem was my own fault. Robert and EJF, I can't thank you enough!! While this wasn't my first purchase from EJF, you can bet your electrons it won't be the last!
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts