Turbo tuner
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Apr 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoocrew View Post
I have my eye on the F4U with AS3X!!
jwoocrew,

Yeah, I have the version 1 F4U Corsair too and it blew my mind how much smoother the new AS3X version is. The only thing I didn't like is that it wing wags terribly when I moved the aileron servo control rod to the inner most spot on the servo horn.

The AS3X went crazy on the ailerons and I had to put it back to the outer holes. I have my V1 Corsair aileron servo horns set to the inner most holes for max throw and I sure miss that insane roll rate of my V 1 Corsair! Other than that, they fly fantastic straight out of the box. I'd say one of the best ever out of the box flyers for me.

Turbo
turbodpv is offline Find More Posts by turbodpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:44 PM
Turbo tuner
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Apr 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pops57 View Post
I'm now flying a dash15 motor and am very pleased. The power is great and the motors are smoooooth! I run under 1/2 throttle most of the time as my batteries are not new and only 35c, even so the burst is impressive. I'll be upping to some 220/45s in the near future
pops57,

Yeah, they are very smooth and quiet. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying them too! I suspect they transfer power a little more efficiently too. Those teflon pinions don't have much friction loss when I spin my props by hand. Although the motors are very smooth and low friction too.

I tried my Xtreme 200mah 35C cells and they LVC'd in less than 5 seconds. So you're really holding back the motor running 35C cells. You won't believe the way they "wake up" with the MA 220/45's! And if you ROG, they are difficult to get used to with the major P-Factor increase on my V1 Corsair. I have to throttle up to 1/4 throttle for the first second or so then slap it wide open and it jumps into the air. Slam it open full throttle right off and it just spins out in a counterclockwise/left circle instantly.

But my T-28 looks cartoonish the way it absolutely rips in acceleration at take off and pulls hard straight up. I don't have to worry about P-Factor on T-28 due to the tricycle LG.

They are a blast, but I don't run them full throttle all that much. Just bursts in loops and climb outs. It really transforms these UM's in a huge way, having 150% more power is exactly what they needed.

Turbo
turbodpv is offline Find More Posts by turbodpv