HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Discussion
POTM South Side

Just got off the phone with Eric Stucki with DNR. He is back in charge of South side Flight park and wanted to check in with our club. He mentioned that he will have some equipment and a 4 man work crew available to do some work up at the point. They have access to free gravel at the base of the hill. They should be able to grade the road as well as widening our parking area, grade the landing area or help with any project we can use them for.

We will need come up with a list of what we would need done and we can schedule it with him. I will use this thread to organize our ideas and needs. As we come up with things we would like to see done I will add them to this first post as a summary.

I think having Eric back in charge is a big win for us. He is a very pleasant person and wants to see the flight park preserved for all of us who us it. He will always be fair and make sure IMSF is invited to all planing meetings and will help facilitate relationships with UHGPGA.

on a side note, Eric now has copies of permit request and AMA insurance for Soar Utah and told me we should have everything processed in the coming weeks.
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:07 PM
small circles w 2 fingers
SANDY UT
Joined Apr 2007
216 Posts
good news

This is nice to hear, do we need to organize a work crew to be there? As far as ideas i think we could open up the parking to the north end of lot and not the south end of it i do not think there is room without covering the nice carpet pits. Build a bigger and comlete mound along property line from cement blocks all the way back and block both roads into Geneva property. level out deck by freqency board and flag pole even if we have to cement the pole and the benches again. I think gravel in the lot would be nice for dust but will get pushed around when we turn our cars around. and of course as much work and gravel as we can have on the road.
1313 is online now Find More Posts by 1313
Last edited by 1313; Apr 19, 2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: more
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:36 PM
murray utah
Joined Apr 2009
8 Posts
KEYS on the frequency board

Hey, if anyone stops by tomorrow morning (Dec. 2, 2012) at the south side, I left my keys on the frequency board Ch 33. Please leave them there. I will be coming around 10 am to pick them up.
Thanks,
Dan
dboyheaton is offline Find More Posts by dboyheaton