HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Feb 07, 2014, 07:33 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2013
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
There are no fake #18s I'm aware of but there are plenty of fake SD cards. However, the #18 is also extremely picky on which cards it accepts. For example, I have over a dozen cards that work perfectly in the #16 but do not work correctly in my #18s.
The firmware of the new Innovv is written by the same developer as the #18, so we'll see how long it's maintained. They've promised to do a better job....
Any proof from your side as the main seller of the Mobius that there are no fake #18s or is it again just your way of marketing?
jimgo2013 is offline Find More Posts by jimgo2013
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2014, 08:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo2013 View Post
Any proof from your side as the main seller of the Mobius that there are no fake #18s or is it again just your way of marketing?
First of all, I don't believe anybody in their right mind would want to copy the #18
If you are aware of one single fake #18, then please post here instead of posting useless, incorrect information
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Feb 07, 2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2014, 09:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2013
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
First of all, I don't believe anybody in their right mind would want to copy the #18
If you are aware of one single fake #18, then please post here instead of posting useless, incorrect information, and deliberately trolling
Sorry, but I found too many post of you with incorrect information, that I just ask to give us a proof of what you wrote - easy.
jimgo2013 is offline Find More Posts by jimgo2013
Old Feb 07, 2014, 10:01 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
There are no fake #18s I'm aware of but there are plenty of fake SD cards. However, the #18 is also extremely picky on which cards it accepts. For example, I have over a dozen cards that work perfectly in the #16 but do not work correctly in my #18s.
The firmware of the new Innovv is written by the same developer as the #18, so we'll see how long it's maintained. They've promised to do a better job....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo2013 View Post
Any proof from your side as the main seller of the Mobius that there are no fake #18s or is it again just your way of marketing?
Jimgo2013, it's time you get off your accusations about the bolded text above. I work with the developer directly, and also with Isoprop, who is just another beta tester of the hardware and firmware, like I am. We do not work for the developer, nor do we receive any monetary compensation for helping with the development testing. We are merely dedicated users who happen to find this developer's products and his support of them superior to the rest of the pack. And we try to help others who may have issue with the camera's. That's the only reason I've started five support threads here, including this one for the #18, and a now defunct Jumbo 1080p camera from the #18 developer. Perhaps it's time I close this thread... you decide!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Feb 07, 2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 07, 2014, 10:51 AM
Registered User
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Jimgo2013, it's time you get off your accusations about the bolded text above. I work with the developer directly, and also with Isoprop, who is just another beta tester of the hardware and firmware, like I am. We do not work for the developer, nor do we receive any monetary compensation for helping with the development testing. We are merely dedicate users who happen to find this developer's products and his support of them superior to the rest of the pack. And we try to help others who may have issue with the camera's. That's the only reason I've started five support threads here, including this one for the #18, and a now defunct Jumbo 1080p camera from the #18 developer. Perhaps it's time I close this thread... you decide!
As long as you will still update page#1 with eventual new firmware .. you can close the thread ... even if #18 is not so bad nor so old for be closed up from a direct thread support here



ps: If the developer is lissening, I would love a #18 in same shape and connectivity as DV04, without battery and at low price tag ... this is the only segment left for 720p cams in the RC usage. Walkera DV04 is a good design but very badly relized
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Feb 07, 2014, 05:10 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
As long as you will still update page#1 with eventual new firmware .. you can close the thread ... even if #18 is not so bad nor so old for be closed up from a direct thread support here


I could do that if the developer sends me the update, but based on past history plus his latest new 1080p camera now out, I place the probability of a #18 FW upgrade to be zero, for all practical purposes.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 07, 2014, 08:40 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom frank View Post
...
perhaps it's time i close this thread...
+1 !
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Last edited by therau2000; Feb 07, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2014, 03:00 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,085 Posts
The question is, is there any more that can be said about the #18 that has already been said?
Those of us that have still got working ones, then we are lucky. In my view the next one for me will be a Mobius.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2014, 08:35 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
The question is, is there any more that can be said about the #18 that has already been said?
Those of us that have still got working ones, then we are lucky. In my view the next one for me will be a Mobius.
You're right... there is nothing new to discuss. The camera has reached it's maturity from a development standpoint, and so has this thread. I'm therefore closing it so it doesn't go off on some tangent discussion and end up being a mindless blog having nothing to do with the subject.

Camera problems and solutions will remain accessible here if anyone takes the time to use the search function. And the last FW from the developer is still here and downloadable, so the thread can still be useful with a little user self-help. If new FW should miraculously appear from the developer, I'll re-open the thread and post it here for download, but for now, time to move on...
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The ORIGINAL #16 HD keycam thread (read posts #1-#5 BEFORE posting questions) Tom Frank Aerial Photography 17852 Yesterday 05:27 PM
Discussion HD Keychain Cam with A/V out frank48 FPV Talk 4 Mar 19, 2012 05:45 PM
Discussion New HD video camera for onboard recording with Live AV out ! oded mazor FPV Talk 6 Nov 09, 2011 12:49 PM
For Sale Aiptek HD Camera with AV INPUT $69...Target.com crd FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Dec 17, 2010 08:58 PM
For Sale Micro Keychain camera---OUT see new post for list p51p51 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 20 Apr 02, 2010 10:04 AM