SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
Stangely Spinning in a Circle
Salisbury, MD
Joined Sep 2002
566 Posts
Question
Right Handed thrower with a left handed vertical?

So I'm putting together a back up DLG since my primary is acting wonky and noticed that the tail set I have for this hybrid are for a left handed thrower. I throw right handed. Since my searching of the groups isn't bearing any fruit, does anyone see a problem with using this vertical? I can still run the pushrod on the correct side, but the hinge is cut on the left side of the vertical.

TIA
Griphon is offline Find More Posts by Griphon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:48 AM
Joined Jan 2008
4,494 Posts
Griphon:

What sort of vertical is it? Is it asymmetric? Can you turn it over?

Frankly, about the "correct" linkage - I know of two left-handed throwers, who bought right-handed airplanes. They both just put in new blades and forged ahead, without fiddling with the tails at all. They're doing fine (although, admittedly not in contention for World's Champ status).

And finally, I had an airplane with a left-handed tail, no possibility , because of the way it was shaped) of turning it over. I mounted the control horn on the right-hand side, and pressed on (although, admittedly, not contending for the #1 spot myself).

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:34 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,734 Posts
If Im reading this right the only thing that will be different from others is the leverage the control horn has. The thickness of the tail fin to be exact.
You could increase the length of your horn to get the same leverage and then adjust your throws with your radio.

I wouldnt worry about it much unless your a gorilla launcher.
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
Oahu Hawaii
Joined Aug 2004
1,078 Posts
Griphon,

Don't worry about it. Put the horn on the correct side for you and use some rudder offset on the launch mode. You will be good to go.

And start saving your pennies. The Ghost is coming very soon.

Dave
Shaper Dave is offline Find More Posts by Shaper Dave
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,494 Posts
Mr. Shaper Dave!

I'm saving my pennies, too!

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:48 AM
Stangely Spinning in a Circle
Salisbury, MD
Joined Sep 2002
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaper Dave View Post
Griphon,

Don't worry about it. Put the horn on the correct side for you and use some rudder offset on the launch mode. You will be good to go.

And start saving your pennies. The Ghost is coming very soon.

Dave

Don't tease me good sir. My Arrow 2 is still the best bird in my little fleet and I've been drooling on that ghost since the first pics of the wing.
Griphon is offline Find More Posts by Griphon