SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
20 Posts
Discussion
parkzone corsair problem

hey so today iv got a problem with my plane cutting out when it has any throttle past 3/4. so the story goes i was putting my spektrum receiver in my corsiar and i was adjusting all servo reversing switches and i accidentally had the throttle all the way up and when i switched it, the plane flew out of my hands and the prop got me pretty bad, i was hit about 8 times and 6 of em dre blood (it looks pretty sweet) and so i got the motor to stop and it seemed fine so i went out to fly and the very first 5 minutes or so it seemed fine and then i handed it over to my dad and within the first 10 seconds of him flying the motor cut on and off, it kinda sounded like a duck. so the first thought that came to my mind was shoot..... i killed my motor, so i went home and replaced it with an old corsair motor and it did the same thing. so then i thought it was the esc..... replaced that too, same thing happended and so now i figured it was my battery so right now iv got a new one charging and hopefully thats what was wrong..... any ideas? am i on the right track?
Jimmyjet92 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmyjet92
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:57 AM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,805 Posts
You're on the right track. Sounds like you hit LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff). The pulsing is the ESC telling you the battery was low.

One thing you never want to do is fly to LVC, it'll kill a battery fast. Use timed flights to avoid this. Cycle the battery a few times to "wake it up" by flying for 2 or 3, minutes, 4 or 5 times, land and charge. Then fully charge the battery and fly for 5 minutes and land, and fully charge the battery and see how much you put back in. Fly for 5:30, land and charge and so on. I've found about 8 minutes of varied flying leaves me plenty of power in the battery without hitting LVC. I've had batteries last as long as 200 to 230 flights before they're too tired to use.
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Nov 2010
20 Posts
okay cool ill deffinatly give it a try, and then iv also got another question, my dad was using my corsair before this started to happen and he was using it to see if an old servo still worked by plugging it into my receiver and he accidentaly left the battery plugged in and i walk out the next morning to see it still plugged in. and i went to put it on my charger and it just beeps at me constantly... but it will still charge my other ones, is this battery a gonner?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:22 AM
Foam Flyer
Wakulla County, FL
Joined Oct 2009
126 Posts
I was about to toss my Radian into the sky the other week and as I went to full throttle (still in my hand) on a fresh pack, I could hear the motor surging and not developing full power. Anyway, I started thinking ESC or motor problem. After thinking about it for a while, I had noticed my battery was taking longer to charge than it used to. I grabbed a battery from my T28 and plugged it in. Problem solved. I ordered a new Radian battery and it is good to go.

About the beeping charger, I have had a battery start beeping on the charger when I plugged it in. Usually unplugging everything and trying again cleared it up. The one time it did not clear up, that battery was a gonner.
FalseHope is offline Find More Posts by FalseHope
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:01 AM
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjet92 View Post
okay cool ill deffinatly give it a try, and then iv also got another question, my dad was using my corsair before this started to happen and he was using it to see if an old servo still worked by plugging it into my receiver and he accidentaly left the battery plugged in and i walk out the next morning to see it still plugged in. and i went to put it on my charger and it just beeps at me constantly... but it will still charge my other ones, is this battery a gonner?
Yeah...it's DOA. Even with it just being plugged in, it's drawing current. With the prices of batteries at Hobby King and Hobbypartz, at least it doesn't hurt as much when one dies.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,805 Posts
By the way, do you have a real charger? The PZ one's are hit hit or miss. I've using a TURNIGY ACCUCEL 6....nothing fancy, but you can charge and keep an eye on each cell, and tell how many mAh your putting back in the pack.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:48 AM
Joined Nov 2010
20 Posts
iv got a Venom Pro Charger, but i lost the cable for it about a week ago so in the meantime iv been using the PZ charger, but i would unplug the charger and plug it back in and it would still beep at me and then i would plug in my other battery and it would charge fine (the battery that made my plane serge). so i am thinking that the battery is toast..... ugh i really dont wanna buy another battery but if thats what iv gotta do thats what i gotta do