SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Jan 2005
270 Posts
Final overall results

Below are the overall final results. First place went to Team 647 Sceaming Eagles. Very close behind was team 273 Flying Tigers, and third went team 048 Dust Devils.

Weather for the entire contest was ideal. Congratulations to all the teams that participated and thank you to Ron McElliot for doing a great job as CD. The tasks were a good match to the conditions. And of course thank you to Dean for hosting this event. The new field worked out fantastic.

John
XC soaringpilot is offline Find More Posts by XC soaringpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:53 PM
United States, CA, Granite Bay
Joined Mar 2004
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC soaringpilot View Post
Below are the overall final results. First place went to Team 647 Sceaming Eagles. Very close behind was team 273 Flying Tigers, and third went team 048 Dust Devils.

John
Dust Devils?? I thought it was the Dust Mites
TrekBiker is offline Find More Posts by TrekBiker
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Oct 2004
599 Posts
Thanks to everyone for attending.
Special thanks to Ron for being the CD and John for scoring.
Congratulations to John and his team, true competitors for sure.

The area is a natural for what we do and we have the knowledge and experience to make it happen so next year the event may be titled "International F3H Championship".

Regards Dean
DEAN GRADWELL is offline Find More Posts by DEAN GRADWELL
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:23 AM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Jun 2006
64 Posts
Montague

Thanks to everyone for letting me CD your contest I enjoyed every second of it, Everyone of you should be proud of your flts they were remarkable we all have come a long way in 16 years. Special thanks to Dean for the time he puts into this sport and the new field is just what we needed, you the man. For all who missed it sorry I think this one was the best ever start making plans for next year, see everyone in Cal Valley.

Ron
rwemacs is offline Find More Posts by rwemacs
Last edited by rwemacs; Jun 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:57 PM
Joined Oct 2004
599 Posts
The clouds are screaming for more little gliders to touch their bottoms.
Best RC conditions I have ever seen.
Got to give it a try tomorrow.
Regards Dean
Old Jun 23, 2013, 08:03 AM
Webmaster & Newsletter SVSS
Rio Linda, CA
Joined Feb 2010
120 Posts
A Huge Thank You!

Hey Dean,

I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for all that you've done to promote the sport of Cross Country flying. The very fact that it exists at is a testament to all that you've done over the years to keep it moving ahead. I doubt that many of us in the Sacramento Valley Soaring Society would even own a cross country plane if it weren't for your annual event in Montague. Over the past couple of days, several SVSS members have come up to me and asked "How was Montague"? I simply shake my head in frustration. How can one begin to describe the fun, excitement, challenges and camaraderie of four days of flying cross country. Now, while flying Thermal Duration I miss the sound of the vario. The plane climbs high and I think to myself, OK now what. Cross country sure spoils you for other type of flying.

Back in Sacramento, many of us are still recalling and recounting the laughter, the excitement, dinners together and all the great times we had up there in God's Country.

Thanks Dean!

Can't wait for Montague 2014.

Dudley
Dudley Dufort is offline Find More Posts by Dudley Dufort
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joined Oct 2004
599 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

The best Radian flight was 17.2 miles.
David Portwood, Bruce Rose, and Richard Van Dyck.

Regards Dean