HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
Question
value of planes

MY father recently passed away in Feb. He has a few RC kits left after my mom sold his planes that were already built. I was wondering if anyone knows the value of these kits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#1 Sukhoi 40 kit
#2 2 meter Chrysalis all wood RC sail plane by DJ Aerotech
#3 piper cub J3
#4 Taurus radio control top flight, design by Ed Kazmirski
Thank you.
Barb
bparenti is offline Find More Posts by bparenti
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2013, 05:23 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,074 Posts
My condolences on losing your father.

We still produce the Chrysalis 2M kit, retail price is currently $85 plus shipping for a new one. The value of yours would depend on condition, age and version (original or Mk II)? At swap shops, used airplanes in good condition are generally worth about half the new price. If a kit has been open, there is also the question of whether any pieces are damaged or missing. If it's something that's still in production, form a maker who supports their products, including spare parts, that helps.

There are literally hundreds of Piper J3 Cub kits, with a wide range of sizes, powerplants, and from a wide range of manufacturers. Which one is yours, and what equipment (if any) does it include?
Don Stackhouse is online now Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Last edited by Don Stackhouse; Jun 07, 2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2013, 05:46 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,486 Posts
If the Taurus kit is in good shape and no parts are missing it is very valuable. I've seen them go for over $400 on Ebay.

Here's a search for completed auctions. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Radio-Contro..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

BTW.... Was your dad Hal Parenti ?

Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Jun 07, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts

Thank you for the info. My dad's name was Francis Barch, from Fellsburg, PA. My mom was told the Taurus was worth a good bit. The only box that was open is the Sukhoi. He started to build that one the others are still in original boxes. The Piper cub my mom said the box says, Piper Cub J3 RC Kit #3. The Taurus says, Taurus Radio Control Top Flight, Design by Ed Kazmirski. Thank you all again for your help.
BArb
Old Jun 08, 2013, 09:02 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,486 Posts
If the J3 is in a red box, possibly yellow its probably a Top Flite as well. Top Flite Red box kits are generally sought after but unfortunately the Cub is the exception. Ask $80 for it and see what happens.

Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Jun 09, 2013, 08:28 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,060 Posts
I think the J-3 RC3 is a Sig 1/6 Scale kit, current value is about $85. It's a big stick model designed for .35 glow power. I am building and electric powered version. It's a real builder's kit, not an easy build.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
thanks guys, appreciate the info.