SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hoverfly Technologies
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Nov 2011
141 Posts
Alert
Altitude Hold issues - HoverflyPRO/GPS firmware v.4.6 r1, r2, r3

Per the link below, we are recommending that users not engage the Altitude Hold feature when using HoverflyPRO/GPS firmware v4.6rev1, rev2, rev3.

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/23174852-Altitude-Hold-issues-HoverflyPRO-GPS-firmware-v-4-6-r1-r2-r3

The problem being seen is not universal but it has occurred enough to warrant this recommendation until this issue can be fixed. We expect new firmware later this week.
hoverben is offline Find More Posts by hoverben
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:20 AM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
Thank God! I was having so many issues that I wasn't sure if it was me or many of us. I was having the erratic control problem when GPS functions were engaged. On top of that I'm having some severe altitude hold issues. I'm glad it is being fixed.
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hoverfly Technologies
Joined Nov 2011
141 Posts
Double post - please see below.
Last edited by hoverben; Feb 21, 2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Double post - please see below.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:56 PM
Hoverfly Technologies
Joined Nov 2011
141 Posts
Due to a scheduling conflict, we've had to postpone the beta test until Monday. Chances are very good that the update will be released a day or two later.

Also, a little advance warning: if you had to change your gain settings when upgrading to 4.6 from an older version, there is a very good chance that you will need to do so again with the new release.