HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:28 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
I FOUND OUT WHY MY QBOT FLEW AWAY....

unfortunately, I have not found my Qbot. Since I ordered two, I opened the box for the second one and decided to do some testing.

I initially flew the Qbot with my Spektrum Dx7. In order to bind, I had to put the throttle trim all the way down. (I think the instructions say this also.)

I decided that I wanted to use my Spektrum Dx6i, so I made all of the same settings on it...including throttle trim down.

When I went to bind the second Qbot with my Dx6i, it went through the binding process including the dancing props, then it went to full throttle!. THIS TIME, I had placed my finger on top of the Qbot....just in case...

While I held it down....trying not to remove a finger, I started moving the throttle stick. I found that it went to NO THROTTLE at MID STICK!. I have it set up as an aircraft...not a helicopter with a V throttle for 3-d.....

SO.... BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN YOU BIND.....I flew my second one in the park behind the house, and it performed great. It's a real pylon racer.
...
It sounds like the throttle mapping some how got inverted?:
at low stick & trim, the Qbot responds with full throttle.
At mid-stick, the Qbot responds with 0 throttle.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:12 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
On their contact us page
"There is no need in asking for tracking numbers. These will be sent customers by email, usually two to three days after shipping. This is due to the use of Chinese shipping agents. They use a day or two to give us the tracking numbers. All orders placed ships same or following day."

I understand they do not want me requesting tracking details but I would appreciate them at some point, after 5 days I emailed them asking if they could look into it as I still had not received them which I have had no reply. I presume they are just having teething problems & was curious if Iuan received any details.

I will certainly update when it arrives which I am confident/hopeful will be soon.
Good to know that you got yours!
I called Hobby Europe on the fift day after placing the order, as I still hadn't gotten any tracking number. He checked the status from his end and said that it was "shipped", and that I should receive the tracking number within a day or two..

At what point did you limmacslim receive the tracking number?

Looking forward to get this little thing - first Heli for me, only flown airplanes before (and helis on HELI-X)
iuan is offline Find More Posts by iuan
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:32 AM
Registered User
limmacslim's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,002 Posts
Iuan.
I never did receive tracking details from hobbyeurope, I used the HK EMS option but it came with a RA***CN tracking number, not sure if that is right. It took 10 days from shipping to my hands so after my moaning I would recommend them & hope yours lands very soon

I would say this is harder to fly than a self stabilizing quad like the v202, my friend who flies planes but not helis had a go on both, he had no luck with the hisky but could fly the v202. Like a flybarless or 90' flybarred heli the FF120 does not auto level itself when you release the sticks & will carry on with your last command which forces you to take more control of the cyclic stick especially while its in forward flight & until you get a feel for it, its very easy to let it get away from you especially indoors, I would order some spare props right now lol, I have run out.
Orientation is more important than with some other quads so I think the best advice with no previous heli experience is to get more practice on the sim while you are waiting. I would fly a CP heli & really try to get just your hovering spot on in 4 orientations, tail in, nose in & both sides.

Best of luck & hope it arrives soon.
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:38 AM
Registered User
limmacslim's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,002 Posts
Cheers for your comment Bulesz.

The flip switch does take some getting used to, I was fumbling around with my stone cold hands & after a flip either hitting the switch too late or doing flips while trying to recover. To be honest its not really my thing but gave it a go because I thought some of you guys may want to see the autoflip.
I did try to loop it, it went round easily enough but its not like fixed wing, as someone said you should chop the throttle back while inverted, I didnt & it needed more altitude than first though so on completing the loop it hit the deck with -1 prop, it almost made it lol.

A really nice thing about this quad is I am always flying it with the endpoints maxed out & full rates but its pretty docile at mid stick with lots of fine control. It will hang around the house in odd places, fly through tight gaps & land in really silly spots. I have 70% as the low DR on the cyclic but the control is so good I still prefer the high rates indoors for a consistent feel.
With the v202 I was always pressing the DR button, 40% rates for hovering & spot landing, 80% for moving or anything that involved yawing. At 80% rates with the wltoys controller I could not hover well, theres a nasty deadspot in the middle of the sticks which encourage you to bang them around a bit & when you get past it theres too much throw instantly so it dances & jerks around instead of hovering smoothly. The v202 also randomly drifts a lot, the hisky does drift too but once trimmed the drift is consistent with your last stick movement & seeing as this quad does not auto level you would expect some drift like with a heli.

I did really enjoy the v202 but the Hisky has been a bit of a shocker for me, its definately more of a handful but has superior flight dynamics, programming, control & feeling while in the air which may be partly but certainly not all down to using my own tx. Build quaity on the hisky also feels stiffer & much nicer all round with no gammy bent legs like v202. I have run out of rear props which are thin, bendy & sharp, Im trying the tough as nails v202 props for now which dont feel like they spin up as quick & are badly balanced.
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:42 AM
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
Cheers for your comment Bulesz.

The flip switch does take some getting used to, I was fumbling around with my stone cold hands & after a flip either hitting the switch too late or doing flips while trying to recover. To be honest its not really my thing but gave it a go because I thought some of you guys may want to see the autoflip.
I did try to loop it, it went round easily enough but its not like fixed wing, as someone said you should chop the throttle back while inverted, I didnt & it needed more altitude than first though so on completing the loop it hit the deck with -1 prop, it almost made it lol.

A really nice thing about this quad is I am always flying it with the endpoints maxed out & full rates but its pretty docile at mid stick with lots of fine control. It will hang around the house in odd places, fly through tight gaps & land in really silly spots. I have 70% as the low DR on the cyclic but the control is so good I still prefer the high rates indoors for a consistent feel.
With the v202 I was always pressing the DR button, 40% rates for hovering & spot landing, 80% for moving or anything that involved yawing. At 80% rates with the wltoys controller I could not hover well, theres a nasty deadspot in the middle of the sticks which encourage you to bang them around a bit & when you get past it theres too much throw instantly so it dances & jerks around instead of hovering smoothly. The v202 also randomly drifts a lot, the hisky does drift too but once trimmed the drift is consistent with your last stick movement & seeing as this quad does not auto level you would expect some drift like with a heli.

I did really enjoy the v202 but the Hisky has been a bit of a shocker for me, its definately more of a handful but has superior flight dynamics, programming, control & feeling while in the air which may be partly but certainly not all down to using my own tx. Build quaity on the hisky also feels stiffer & much nicer all round with no gammy bent legs like v202. I have run out of rear props which are thin, bendy & sharp, Im trying the tough as nails v202 props for now which dont feel like they spin up as quick & are badly balanced.
I'm even more curious now, because the V202 was the secret favorite on this forum... And the most annoying thing is with my the current micros (H36, V939) is the slooow reaction speed (lack of agility). And that was what I have seen on your videos, that this bird seemed to be quite agile...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:48 AM
Registered User
limmacslim's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,002 Posts
At first I honestly couldnt even do circuits with the FF120 in my narrow living room, now im used to the way it flies & have it trimmed up it can turn on a dime & creep around the house at low or high speed really well :P the v202 sort of floated around in FF when yawing, sort of sliding/drifting. Because of the nature of the hisky you have to fly it like a cp heli, although I find it easier than the v922. I probably picked up more speed indoors in a tight space with the v202 while doing circuits just because its easier to fly & almost comes to a stop when you try to bank it in a turn the way i tend to fly them being mainly a fixed wing pilot.

I think the v202 would have been far better if it was 9x compatible like other wltoys quads. It would have much better control (like the v911 rudder) & be a great trainer.
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:05 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
...
I did try to loop it, it went round easily enough but its not like fixed wing, as someone said you should chop the throttle back while inverted, I didnt & it needed more altitude than first though so on completing the loop it hit the deck with -1 prop, it almost made it lol.
...
It sounds like it would easily invert when in "non-auto flip" mode, so it sounds like one should be able to do manual flips, etc.

In contrast, I tried to do a manual flip with a V929, and it did not want to go inverted.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:49 PM
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,548 Posts
My bird is at the customs...so finger crossed...and hopefully it could arrive in this week...it took exactly a month to arrive...(it was instock when I have ordered...and left the warehouse at 14th of Feb....)
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:23 PM
Registered User
limmacslim's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
It sounds like it would easily invert when in "non-auto flip" mode, so it sounds like one should be able to do manual flips, etc.

In contrast, I tried to do a manual flip with a V929, and it did not want to go inverted.
This thing doesnt necessarily want to stay the right way up at all so I think manual flips & tumbles should be possible, it does stall turns like a heli which is pretty cool .

So do all the wltoys quads auto level like the v202? Are there any larger cheap Chinese quads out there that behave like the Hisky / Q-Bot? Which other quads do not auto level? I wouldnt mind something larger, was thinking about ordering a flight controller from hobbyking & going the diy route, I see you can adjust the auto leveling.

Hope you guys get yours soon, I really want to know if you like it as much as I do, maybe I am just easily pleased but after everything said about it I was honestly a little disappointed with the v202. I am a wlyoys fan so wanted to like it.
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:40 PM
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
This thing doesnt necessarily want to stay the right way up at all so I think manual flips & tumbles should be possible, it does stall turns like a heli which is pretty cool .

So do all the wltoys quads auto level like the v202? Are there any larger cheap Chinese quads out there that behave like the Hisky / Q-Bot? Which other quads do not auto level? I wouldnt mind something larger, was thinking about ordering a flight controller from hobbyking & going the diy route, I see you can adjust the auto leveling.

Hope you guys get yours soon, I really want to know if you like it as much as I do, maybe I am just easily pleased but after everything said about it I was honestly a little disappointed with the v202. I am a wlyoys fan so wanted to like it.
I have made the first steps to the DIY way...just ordered a SK3 2830 1130kv motors...and HK F330 frame...and SS 25-30 ESC...so can't turn back...I think I will regret it tomorrow...but now I'm to tired to think about this...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:44 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Lakeshore
Joined Nov 2007
139 Posts
Wonder how long it will be before we can control it with one of these!

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...%7Conline-news

Fred
fredle is offline Find More Posts by fredle
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:53 PM
Registered User
limmacslim's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,002 Posts
That wristband thing looks really cool.

Bulesz, I am looking forward to seeing what you get up to with that setup
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:03 PM
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
That wristband thing looks really cool.

Bulesz, I am looking forward to seeing what you get up to with that setup
Me too...

Just realized (after ordered...good boy... ), that the 10*45 props are tooooo big for the F330 frame, so I should buy 9*45 tri blades to could keep the 1200g additional payload...

It's more than addiction...I had to go to sleep early, because tomorrow I have to finish a responsive webshop design...and there will be lots of pain...and I just stacked at the 7 USD F330 frame...played with the ecalc for hours...and finally ordered the stuffz...and 2:20 AM here...sheeeit...I will hate myself in the morning... but I could dream about my quads..

My goal is something like this...with FPV...

f330 accro (3 min 44 sec)

bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Last edited by bulesz; Mar 04, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:51 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
..

So do all the wltoys quads auto level like the v202? Are there any larger cheap Chinese quads out there that behave like the Hisky / Q-Bot? Which other quads do not auto level? I wouldnt mind something larger, was thinking about ordering a flight controller from hobbyking & going the diy route, I see you can adjust the auto leveling.
....
As bought, the only larger RTF brushed quad that I know of that can do manual flips, etc. is the not so inexpensive mQx.
That said, one could buy a v929 (which is mQx sized) and replace its controller with an mQx board (can get at ~US$35), similar to the way that various people (including myself) have connected Walkera Ladybird arms/motors to an mQx board:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647401
I have an mQx (bought before the V929 came out), but except for the control board and orange props, as I need parts for it, I am using v929 parts.
One might also be able to use a Qbot micro board, Ladybird board or Helimax 1SQ (9 Eagles Alien) board on a V929, but I am not sure if those boards can handle the larger power draw of a V929.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Last edited by flying-llama; Mar 04, 2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Give URL for thread with mQx/Ladybird hybrid
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:33 PM
Registered User
limmacslim's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,002 Posts
Thanks flying llama, Thats a good point about the interchangeability of the parts, its probably quite possible to find out the current limit on the onboard FET's.

I honestly begrudge giving horizon hobby any money & can be quite opinionated on the subject so Im afraid I never even consider their products. All the sales patter, aggressive marketing & "buy into our brand so you never have to buy anything else", "every product we release is the bestest, most hyped & marketed thing ever (but with tons of hidden flaws)" stuff really puts me off, I wont even mod my 9x with a spektrum module as i much prefer frsky gear. Its all designed & manufactured in China anyway & to obviously huge profit margins , to me they are just like any other company that rebrands stuff, just more deceptive, been at it for a long time & the western market leaders. IMHO The money is all going into dominating the market & keeping products exclusive to them, not to the quality of the product or value for the end user. Anyway I wont go on lol. The about us page on this site is very interesting for those that have not seen it before http://www.flyingtian.com/ As far as I am aware Horizon hobby do not own those designs or patents, the real manufacturer/designer does, I suspect a lot of parts for the "clone" helis are designed & even manufactured in the same place a lot of the time to a higher standard. HH also have a booming spare parts business going on

Bulesz, that quad in the video looks fantastic! This little hisky definitely cant do that lol. I want.
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product BNF Spectrum/JR DSM2-DMSS compatible REDCON HiBiRD Mini 120mm Quadcopter richos Mini Multirotors 36 Aug 17, 2013 10:50 AM
Sold $60 Shipped -- FlySky CT-6B Tx and Six 6-Channel Rx's (Compatible with 9X) Cobra68 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Feb 09, 2013 11:00 AM
Sold Hobby King 2.4 ghz Spektrum compatible Receiver = $18 shipped shawn595 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 3 Aug 07, 2010 02:35 PM