HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Every one in the classified section seems to get gobbled up quickly!
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:16 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
They sure went quick in the classified.

I really like mine, its the most fun with right rate on the kk2, the v1.5 has pretty good auto level. Pretty much hands off for two seconds. Loll.

I'm gonna order the new one and sell the older models.

unfaix is online now Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,495 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I'm just looking at replacing my RX1002 for my Devo 10. Once I order my replacement RX I will be bugging Chris to get in on a CNC 355 (DIY). I've flashed the Devo 10 with Deviation firmware so now I should, in theory, have access to a wider range of receivers.

I can't quite understand yet how the Devo 10 would get telemetry from the RX - I know the KK2 doesn't do GPS but if I am correct, the RX1002 can connect to a separate module that allows it to connect sensors for temperature, voltage, external (walkera) GPS module, etc. RX1002 is around $30-35.
Expansion board is around $66 Telemetry Module WK-CTL01-D http://www.walkera.com/en/goods.php?id=760
WK-GPS is $60 (aliexpress)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-...695684421.html
Seems pretty expensive if you count this with KK2 it's around $200 for all the electronics.

In the Orange side of things the Spektrum 901 RX is $23
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17621
Satellite Receiver is $12 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=13418
And I think that's all I need??

Or Multiwii setup:
Flight Controller $44 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_FTDI.html
I2C-GPS NAV Board - $7 http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=
GPS receiver - not sure on that yet.

RCTimer ArduFlyer V2.5 Kit Flight Controller http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=
Not sure about this one.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll stick to KK2 + RX1002 or maybe the orange since Deviation supports DSM2 (I think). I'm just searching through the KK2 and Devo 10 threads trying to learn some stuff and then trying to search through here to see what the Armattan folks are doing. I do want to eventually have a GPS setup with return-to-home on something larger - like a hexa or octo squid maybe - I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this all works as I don't have anyone around here that knows this stuff and can show me their rigs. Besides anyone with this stuff on their Armattan probably needs an excuse to show off with a few cool photos/videos right?
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rexless; Jan 15, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:59 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,145 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Chris, are you planning to offer a 450 size in CNC & Alumi? If yes How much each will be as complete kit.installed with proper motors to handle the bigger size?

Thanks!
..Ben
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:08 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Yes, I have seen this video and more of the same little quads doing amazing things and working together. It's cool as the underside of my pillow.

Chris is the small quad man here. I like them okay, but prefer bigger....400mm and up!
I feel you Bryan, but its the opposite for me, im a big dude but I like cute lil thangz best believe I had to have Chris smallest Armattan But I only brought it up because of Chris new design and wondering if he could go even smaller than a M230 just wishful thinking is all.

Biggz.
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:29 PM
Canada, ON, Princeton
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Chris, do you happen to have a list of possible powder coat colours ?.. I like to fly neon green and flourescent orange, do you know if this is an option ?

I know carswell supplies sells both colours. If it is, how much $$ is it additional on top of a frame.

..Nerwin
nerwin is offline Find More Posts by nerwin
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:09 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
After my last crash I noticed that one of the shafts on my motors were bent a little bit which caused some vibration on my next flight. I was doing some searching around and i came across this guy who ships from the usa. He sells a A2208 1800kv motor that looks very similar to the motor that Chris ships with the majority of our quads. I ordered one to test it out and will let you guys know how it goes.
http://strongrcmotors.com/Motors.htm
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:34 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
412 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
It is also really easy to replace the shaft as another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
After my last crash I noticed that one of the shafts on my motors were bent a little bit which caused some vibration on my next flight. I was doing some searching around and i came across this guy who ships from the usa. He sells a A2208 1800kv motor that looks very similar to the motor that Chris ships with the majority of our quads. I ordered one to test it out and will let you guys know how it goes.
http://strongrcmotors.com/Motors.htm
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:37 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
It is also really easy to replace the shaft as another option.
Yeah i guess i could of done that also.
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:44 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,495 Posts
Where would one buy motor shafts?
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Chris, are you planning to offer a 450 size in CNC & Alumi? If yes How much each will be as complete kit.installed with proper motors to handle the bigger size?

Thanks!
..Ben
Hi Ben,

I may end up having something bigger but the biggest concerns with larger CNC frames is the weight. The arms are strong but they are heavy if you cut them too long. I really want to try the Armattan One and see how we do for weight. I think a design based on Creepy1's ideas might work better for larger frames because I think it will be lighter. Hard to say just yet. I don't actually have one to test and compare yet.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
I feel you Bryan, but its the opposite for me, im a big dude but I like cute lil thangz best believe I had to have Chris smallest Armattan But I only brought it up because of Chris new design and wondering if he could go even smaller than a M230 just wishful thinking is all.

Biggz.
Again, the challenge with using metal is keeping the weight down. I doubt you'll get anything that will perform well if it's smaller than what you would use 6 inch props with. So 220mm is probably the smallest I would want to try. You can go smaller if you use 5 inch props, and even smaller if you use 4 inch props. But these tiny props can't handle metal frames, I don't think. I could be wrong.

Perhaps a very small frame setup to use a OP board couls have a very tiny cener plate, thus reducing weight enough to make it possible.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Where would one buy motor shafts?
Good question. I'd like to know as well. A friend gave me a dozen of the 3.17mm a while back and I only have one left!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
By the way,

I don't have a single order at the moment. First time in months that I don't have orders to make. I'm happy to get a break but I'm sad, too. The Armattan fever is over... Sniff...

I suppose I'll finally have time to work on a FPV design.

I suppose I can also build one here and there and list them. They seem to sell fast when listed.................

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:09 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
i'm waiting for two things to put in an order; your ONE and my Trex to sell so i have $$ to buy one LOL
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Closed Thread