HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 02, 2014, 05:10 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Until all of the coding is finished to my satisfaction, I will not be spending any more money buying Tx parts. I put an end to that with the partnership split.

The Taranis does not come with a charger or battery - at least the ones I got did not. This is how the XPS-3216 will also come.
Jim , not sure where you got yours from but my buddy in NY just received his and the TOTAL COST INCLUDING SHIPPING was $216.15. That INCLUDED an 800 ma tx batter, the charger, a neck strap, an aluminum tx case AND an 8 channel receiver capable of telemetry.......that was from Aloft Hobbies where I'm currently on heir waiting list
I am also on YOUR waiting list and will buy your transmitter if and when it is released..... I've been a loyal XPS user and will continue to be into the future....

I'll let you know if my Taranis comes equipped as I describe.... Should have it in a few weeks.....
JuanRodriguez is online now Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2014, 05:18 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
477 Posts
KM,

While I admire your blind loyalty to JD (well, sort of) I doubt that the "average modeler " like myself would be able to tell the minute differences in performance that you speak of.....
Not wanting o start a pissing contest over this..... If you are good enough to tell the difference, God bless you !!!!!

Graves had 18 Taranis transmitters in stock on their website.... Perhaps they sold them all since I checked ???? If so , well... That should speak for itself....
Old Feb 02, 2014, 05:23 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
If you are good enough to tell the difference, God bless you !!!!!
He's that and more, Juan.

Pete (who's only seen him fly in videos)
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Feb 02, 2014, 06:42 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
KM,

While I admire your blind loyalty to JD (well, sort of) I doubt that the "average modeler " like myself would be able to tell the minute differences in performance that you speak of.....
Not wanting o start a pissing contest over this..... If you are good enough to tell the difference, God bless you !!!!!

Graves had 18 Taranis transmitters in stock on their website.... Perhaps they sold them all since I checked ???? If so , well... That should speak for itself....
It does not matter what the average modeler can notice, certainly does not matter what I can personally notice... it will be a $200 radio versus a $250 radio. The $250 radio is designed and assembled locally, easier to use, higher performance, more resolution, along with better and more capable airborne equipment at the same price point as anything worth using out of China. For only being $50 more expensive.

The "only 1% of modelers will need that feature" or "only 1% of modelers can tell the difference"... it just amuses me, because these are exactly the things the people love to store in the back of their head when making their decisions. The Nissan GT-R has a launch-control mode that if you use it you void the warranty... how many owners do you think truly love the idea that it is there even though they will probably never use it?

But, it isn't here yet... but when it arrives, it will be an easy sell. And, fact of the matter is, because it is a little more expensive than Taranis will help sell it (marketing and human nature, it's pretty bizarre).
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 02, 2014, 06:54 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,188 Posts
On the "only 2% of people" kind of topic... the other day was that it was put to OpenTx that it would be cool if 32 channels could come out of a single module/transmission instead of two. It totally fried my noodle when the response was that only 2% of people would ever need more than 16 channels.

It was apparently important enough to make the entire system process 32 channels... but having it all come out of the one transmission point was totally unnecessary. err, ok.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 02, 2014, 07:05 PM
Glitch Master
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
2,010 Posts
Personally, if I gave a rat's behind about the cheap Chinese transmitter, I would follow one of the threads dedicated to the cheap Chinese transmitter. Why do some of you choose to bring the topic here?

When the XPS equipment is available for purchase, I'll bet that Jim will be the first to indicate the notification here. Until then, enjoy whatever products that you may have decided to purchase and own, and discuss their features in their own respective threads.
Jim Varley is offline Find More Posts by Jim Varley
Old Feb 02, 2014, 07:23 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
477 Posts
[QUOTE=Jim Varley;Why do some of you choose to bring the topic here?
.[/QUOTE]

Because the topic keeps on popping up and is relevant to the discussion at hand ....... And last I checked, this is a public forum... If YOU don't like what is being discussed then move on..... No one is forcing you to participate...
Old Feb 02, 2014, 10:07 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
This thread is only for discussing FEATURES of the XPS-3216 transmitter, and NOTHING else.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread