HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:46 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Some received the beta version of v4.00, and one of them felt the self stabilization is more than v3.5. With this change, he thinks it'll handle windy conditions better.

http://5imx.3vwed.com/bbs/forum.php?...ead&tid=735158
People in that link complained about no test flight and no link to get the beta version of zyx 4.0. That was equivalent to BS .....
lcc014 is online now Find More Posts by lcc014
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:35 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroth123 View Post
I installed tarot Zyx on heli 450. Every time the helicopter will take off the heli will spontaneously tilted to the left (or right). If the heli held by hands then I do not feel it. Pitch and throttle curves be set the same as when using the flybar and the pitch between -10 and +10. I am setting in the software as F3C heli and I think all the settings in the software are correct. This is from HK and has not been updated. Can someone help me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Having the swash move hard over is often caused by vibration. Make sure you have low vibration.
+1 vibes
It can also be caused by static, so do yourself a favor and ground the tail to the motor mount.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:52 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,135 Posts
I got my tarot zyx almost programed , but first i want to say a couple of things .

1- It wont go into programing mode unless all the wires are plugged into the gyro and receiver. But you don't need to plug in the rudder servo .

2- I needed to manually load the driver , windows didnt see it and i needed to manually have windows find the driver . It usually does all that for me but not this time .

After that was all done it plugged in normally and connected within seconds . I dont know why i have had so many problems but it could be i am using a netbook from aspire ?? I had the same problems with the robird gyro and needed to use the bigger laptop to program it.

Well anyway its almost all done , just need to program in the tail .
Wish me luck
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:14 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
Hey, good luck Jombo! What heli are you mounting the ZYX on?
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:05 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,135 Posts
Its going in a EXI450 pro , belt version. I started the build as a strait forward HR3 setup , leveled the swash with a swash leveler , set the head to 14-14 (their is alot of pitch without the flybar) . When i went through all the steps to level the swash and so forth i didn't need to do anything but verify it was good .

This think is definitely more sensitive than the robird . It seems to level alot better , and alot faster in fixing its position . I hope it fly's as good as its doing on the bench
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:05 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
I doubt you'll be disappointed. Putting the CX on my HK 450 Pro completely transformed it. It feels like a bigger heli.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:48 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,104 Posts
Version 4.0 fixes the violent servos issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
People in that link complained about no test flight and no link to get the beta version of zyx 4.0. That was equivalent to BS .....
I can't explain if those "priviledged few" who received the version 4.0 firmware were BS-ing, but I received a firmware directly from Tarot, which was named ZYX4.bin, and when flashed to my ZYX, it prints version 4.0.

More importantly, the supposedly version 4.0 fixes the violent servos problem. With permission from Tarot, I shared the firmware with the starter of this thread. This is his assessment:
It flies really well! It was quite windy and it held rock steady in a hover, just pitching up and down.

Big improvement to piro optimize, also.

I'm so impressed with Tarot for continuing to improve this gyro, and also for all of the good hardware upgrades they have brought out.

I have never spooled up with v3.5 so I can't make any assessments. Perhaps "beenflying" could explain further. With his deep experience in ZYX, he should be in a better position to confirm if the folks over in the Chinese forum were BS-ing.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:18 AM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,221 Posts
Quote:
I can't explain if those "priviledged few" who received the version 4.0 firmware were BS-ing, but I received a firmware directly from Tarot, which was named ZYX4.bin, and when flashed to my ZYX, it prints version 4.0.

More importantly, the supposedly version 4.0 fixes the violent servos problem. With permission from Tarot, I shared the firmware with the starter of this thread. This is his assessment:
It flies really well! It was quite windy and it held rock steady in a hover, just pitching up and down.

Big improvement to piro optimize, also.

I'm so impressed with Tarot for continuing to improve this gyro, and also for all of the good hardware upgrades they have brought out.

I have never spooled up with v3.5 so I can't make any assessments. Perhaps "beenflying" could explain further. With his deep experience in ZYX, he should be in a better position to confirm if the folks over in the Chinese forum were BS-ing.
So are we going to have a chance to try this beta 4.0 firmware ?
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:27 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Strange that both of my ZYX-s dont show that firmware at the right lower like the screenshot.

I wonder is that because I used the John.nz download ? If so how can I tell what firmware is in there?
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:29 AM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Strange that both of my ZYX-s dont show that firmware at the right lower like the screenshot.

I wonder is that because I used the John.nz download ? If so how can I tell what firmware is in there?
Try the zyx software (not John.nz version) and see whether you could see the firmware version. FyreSG used zyx version software.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
Try the zyx software (not John.nz version) and see whether you could see the firmware version. FyreSG used zyx version software.
I originally tried to download that one off of the HK site, but it didnt take. Where else should I go to get the download?
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,104 Posts
Quote:

The official app from Tarot shows the firmware version. It's a little odd that the app does not show the version of the firmware binary, and only shows the firmware of ZYX. I only knew about the "version 4.0" after flashing it to my ZYX.
Last edited by FyreSG; Mar 05, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:44 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,104 Posts
Quote:
I originally tried to download that one off of the HK site, but it didnt take. Where else should I go to get the download?
HK site? Try the official Tarot site in China: http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=263
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:45 AM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,221 Posts
Quote:
HK site? Try the official Tarot site in China: http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=263
+1, I downloaded zyx software from this site too.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Yes it is strange, however I'm not having any issues with either of my units and this is more an exercise of curiosity as to what version I have.

Ok , trying to download the tarot version now..... seems very slow to do anything
Last edited by War Horse; Mar 05, 2013 at 07:56 AM.