SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2010, 09:05 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,025 Posts
Discussion
Beware of RCtimer.com - ***Happy ending***

This may be a one of problem, as they've recently changed their website. But here goes:

On July 4th I bought a Lipo pack online from www.rctimer.com

When registering I could not enter my home town, just "area" where I had a choice of Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, or Haifa. These are cities, not areas, but putting that aside, to register, I entered Tel Aviv, as that is the closest to Netanya, where I live.
When purchasing I could not chance the address anywhere. Thinking (wrongly it turns out) that they would be at least half intelligent, immediately after purchase I send them an email explaining the problem.
Got an email back within 24 hours "No problem, we'll deal with it"

After a month (parcels generaly take up to 3 weeks to get here) I contacted them, reminding them of the potential addrwess problem. Again "no problem".

Beginning of September I specifically asked for the address they send the parcel to, lo and behold, they used the wrong address. After being notified of this, they stopped answering my emails.

Two days ago I browsed the website, and decided to write in their guestbook.
Quote:
On July 4th I purchased from you, on line, a Lipo battery pack. Following the purchased I paid via Paypal, transaction number xxxxxxxx Invoice ID: xxxxxxxxxx As you can read from the correspondence I send you by email, the parcel was send to the wrong city, and never reached me. Also, from the correspondence, you can see I notified you well in advance of the problem, which you choose to ignore. My email to you, dated September 8th went unanswered. I send another email yesterday, and again today. I expect an answer to the following simple question: What are you going to do to rectify your mistake? Kind regards Rene Wallage Netanya, Israel
Maybe because it is open for all to read, I got a reply in the guestbook.
Quote:
Dear rwallage,

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Plesae don't worry, we can resend a new 11.1V 2200mAh 25C battery to you, and we can refund extra fee after we get the return.

RCTimer
I think they want me to purchase, and pay for, another Lipo pack, and they'll refund me after they receive the first one back. Who's to say if that one will ever come back? I should run the risk because of their mistake? No thanks.
I've send them another email and asked for a refund. Let's see if they answer that mail
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Last edited by Up&Away; Sep 30, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:14 PM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,025 Posts
The plot thickens.

They are willing to send me another 3S 2200 pack they have in stock. It is worth $17. I paid nearly $40 for the pack I did not receive...

I've very kindly asked for a refund.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:44 PM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,025 Posts
All's well, that ends well.

I got my refund.
Old Oct 02, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Jul 2013
3 Posts
I have asked for a refund for July order unfulfilled

I hope i have a similar experience but I have yet to hear back. I am very wary that this company has a big scam factor. For instance the name in any reply Iget is always female like Nina or Jane???

In Hong Kong.

Something is not right. I think a public social media shame campaign might help.

Jamie
MotionMedia is offline Find More Posts by MotionMedia
Old Oct 05, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Jul 2013
15 Posts
I have been waiting for an order from them for a month now. I have emailed multiple times with no reply. Makes me mad because i wanted to get some motors from them but with this kind of communication and delivery im not sure i want to drop the money on them.
ffjmoore is offline Find More Posts by ffjmoore