SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:29 PM
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,811 Posts
Discussion
Alternatives to an addiction

Just out of curiosity, is there an alternative to a Addiction X or XL? A friend who has been flying 3D for many years and has owned and flown hundreds of 3D aircraft (whenever anyone in my club gets a new 3D airplane, he is usually the one who sets it up and test flies it) told me that the best pure 3D airplane he ever flew is the Addiction XL.

I trust his judgment, and am about to get one, but I was just wondering for my own sake if there are any alternatives to this airplane. Good alternatives. An alternative that is 95% as good, but cheaper in price. You know what I mean.

thanks.
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:51 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
845 Posts
Trust me on this......check out t h e p r o f i l e b r o t h e r h o o d . c o m and be enlightened!!!! Mojo .40 will blow ANY Addiction out of the water!! Yes, it's a profile and it WILL fly better than the Addiction for 1/2 the cost. First time the Addy hits the ground kinda hard that's it....not so with a Mojo. It is AMAZINGLY tough. I really hope you'll check out this stuff....I'd almost guarantee you that you'll be amazed. Any Q's please PM me!!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Old Oct 11, 2014, 06:35 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
659 Posts
Check out Extreme Flight planes. They might not feel as light and floaty as an addiction, but they are vastly more capable airframes.
Motojunk is online now Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Oct 11, 2014, 10:14 PM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygilmore View Post
Trust me on this......check out t h e p r o f i l e b r o t h e r h o o d . c o m and be enlightened!!!! Mojo .40 will blow ANY Addiction out of the water!! Yes, it's a profile and it WILL fly better than the Addiction for 1/2 the cost. First time the Addy hits the ground kinda hard that's it....not so with a Mojo. It is AMAZINGLY tough. I really hope you'll check out this stuff....I'd almost guarantee you that you'll be amazed. Any Q's please PM me!!
Can you EP that? Looks nice.

BTW, I own EF, PA, and 3DHS. They are all quality models. They are all different and I do like my ADX and may purchase an ADXL one day. I think they are a little overpriced compared to EF and 3DHS and will only buy their models during the once or twice a year sales.
jk6672 is offline Find More Posts by jk6672
Last edited by jk6672; Oct 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 09:55 AM
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,811 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll check all these out.
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:41 AM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
Can you EP that? Looks nice.

BTW, I own EF, PA, and 3DHS. They are all quality models. They are all different and I do like my ADX and may purchase an ADXL one day. I think they are a little overpriced compared to EF and 3DHS and will only buy their models during the once or twice a year sales.
Yes a bunch of guys on the ProBro site have their .40 size slabs "E" powered. They know how to get crazy power using very inexpensive motors/controllers. You should check it out!!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore