HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2014, 05:26 PM
115 inches of 'hog
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2004
2,700 Posts
I placed a small order last Wednesday the 25th with priority mail shipping. My paypal account has been charged, but I have not received my order, no email updates, nothing. I called this evening and they were closed for the day. I will call again tomorrow during regular hours. At this point I would suggest not ordering from their website directly. I will update this thread as things progress, I am just venting a bit as this is a bit frustrating.
ScaleBrad is offline Find More Posts by ScaleBrad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2014, 09:13 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,700 Posts
Called 3 times today. Never got to speak to a human. 1st call went right to voicemail where I could hear people taking in the background?? Called back 2 more times. Recorded message said all associates were busy...then it rang, then back on hold, then it rang.. back on hold, then voicemail. Left a message 3rd try. Guess I may be the last [Hobby Lobby] customer ever, based on their lack of activity here as well I consider them out of business. Paypal dispute to be filed Monday if I don't get a call back. Time to move on. I used to read their catalogs (over and over!!) as a kid. It's a shame what's happening to this industry and our country.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:41 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,114 Posts
Hobby Lobby is moving so maybe thats why you cant get through
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jul 05, 2014, 03:46 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
Hobby Lobby is moving so maybe thats why you cant get through
I read about that here, nothing about it on their website. ...but they should not be taking people's money if they cannot ship. My money is in their paypal account. It's been there for 10 days now. It's a bad way of doing business.
Last edited by ScaleBrad; Jul 05, 2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 05:01 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,700 Posts
No return call from Hobby Express. No product received.. No activity from them here in their own forum. Filed a dispute through paypal. In 10 years of flying R/C and ordering online from many vendors this is the 1st problem I've ever had. It's a small amount of money so not a huge deal, but the principle is the same.

Buyer Beware.
Last edited by ScaleBrad; Jul 07, 2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 12:35 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
Well I'm gonna write them off. Too many issues. Yeah yeah so they are moving. At this point that doesn't excuse them from stealing .. errr .... accepting payment and then doing nothing. Will take a LONG time to get past this one when it goes this south. Sorry Hobby Lobby, you were good and I liked you but Hobby Express is a differenct company with different ethics so ... bye bye Hobby Express. You won't be in business much longer. Kind of hard to pay the bills when you don't sell anything eh?
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:52 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,700 Posts
Hobby Express has not even responded to the paypal dispute I filed. They seem to be missing in action. Agreed, it's time to write them off.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 08:00 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,700 Posts
Paypal closed my claim and refunded my money . Not a word from Hobby Express, at least not to me. They just lost another customer forever. There is no excuse for this.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 03:39 PM
Joined Jul 2010
2 Posts
Our Customer Service Reputation

Back in the forum, and at your service.
Yes we have moved, and that alone has been a colossal disruption. However, that should not have effected our customer's experience. Sadly, some folks ended up getting impacted by these changes. We sincerely regret the struggle any customer has encountered. We remain committed to our customers and their RC enjoyment.
We understand that it takes a lifetime to build a positive reputation, but only a single incident to injure it. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience.

We make No excuses in this, but if you want to learn about the storied list of the changes we have been through, please read here:
The building Hobby Express (formerly Hobby Lobby International) operated out of for more than 30 years was sold! So we had to close our retail store, close our warehouse, move our offices, and move our inventory to a new warehouse fulfillment location. Our operational infrastructure had to be re-engineered. As we continue to smooth out our processes, our customer engagement and customer service remain our top priority.
Thank you for your time and attention.
HobbyExpress is offline Find More Posts by HobbyExpress
Old Jul 31, 2014, 08:22 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
I do appreciate the apology but there is a huge issue here. You are correct when you say it takes a lifetime to build a positive reputation and Hobby Lobby had done just that. The real problem is that you guys are NOT Hobby Lobby. You bought them out and made huge changes including the name. Hope it works out for you but you guys are off to a very rocky start for a "new" company
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Aug 13, 2014, 08:26 AM
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2011
6 Posts
Bogus Verbalities

Their apology is without substance. Hell, e-mail works via Wi-Fi at Dunkin' Donuts or any of thousands of locations. Back in the day, Hobby Lobby was THE source. Now, as Hobby Express, it's pretty much just crap...
jimboli is offline Find More Posts by jimboli