HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2013, 05:33 AM
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
Help!
Retracts

Looking for a tricycle set of electric retracts for 5-8 lb B-25. Any suggestions?
davelee is offline Find More Posts by davelee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2013, 09:07 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,605 Posts
While not remebering which way the gear retracted, I had resort to YouTube-
no recomendatons now. but check out he clip:

B 25 Mitchell .mov (42 min 17 sec)

Just finished watching the movie, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Jul 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:29 PM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,664 Posts
I'm thinking .40 or .60 sized retracts. Any of the Robarts or Spring-Airs should work fine. Thats a pretty small B-25. Mine is the H9, at 80"ws it weighs 14lbs. I tried E-Flites and didnt have much luck with them (a trunion broke) and replaced them with air robarts built for this plane. Worked much better.
Edwin
edwin1 is online now Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Jul 28, 2013, 05:13 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
Panchito! That's funny because that's what I am building. Fortunate enough to ride in her years ago and love the movie. Hard to beat the sound!

I want to RAVE about the service I am receiving from Max at www.parkrcmodels.com. I contacted several vendors for my retract inquiry. They have answered EVERY email promptly (and trust me there have been several) even on a Sunday evening. I even received a personalized video of retract units they recommend.

Once I decide which tires I want, I will place my order. Honestly, I am so impressed by their service that I fully plan on using them for several orders! Check them out as they seem like awesome guys. Trust me, I have bugged them repeatedly and they have answered every question!
davelee is offline Find More Posts by davelee
Old Aug 01, 2013, 11:19 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,528 Posts
Love the landing on a grass strip too!
kdahlhaus is offline Find More Posts by kdahlhaus