HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:35 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,522 Posts
Question
Looking for a Spare 3.7v Li-ion Battery...

My wife got me a Nano Hercules coax micro (w/ 3ch IR controller - from "World Tech Toys") for Christmas. I guess that's pretty much the bottom rung on the e-Heli ladder but I'm enjoying it. It's pretty much an indoor flyer as the sun washes out the IR but that's fine.

I've been trying to locate spare batteries for it online with no luck. Here's a pic

The printing on it says:

48909 1325-250MH
12I03P31 0250
Huahui New Energy
Li-ion 3.7v HCC Series
Pat. ZL2010 1 0 197892.0

The size is ~25mm/1" long and ~13mm/.5" in diameter, weight is ~25 grams

Any idea where I can find one?

Also, while the ad videos say "unbreakable", I had two incidents where the lower rotor motor nylon pinion gear slipped off the motor shaft and it was a minor miracle that I was able to find it. I put a little super glue in the shaft hole when replacing it and it seems to have stayed in place (I'm also crashing less now...) but it would be nice to get some spares if they can be had.

Update: Found a post on Amazon about the same pinion gear issue with this link for the part.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Last edited by stringrazor; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
Just a 9116 flyer.
Australia, NSW, Wollongong
Joined Dec 2012
623 Posts
Hi, There are heaps of replacement batteries available.
Finding one that fits the space is the problem, although the Li-Po batteries are fairly small
& light.
Depending on the connector used, you may have to change the plugs over.
See > http://www.all-battery.com/37vli-pol...terypacks.aspx
& > http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...kw=3.7+250+mAh
Rajah235 is offline Find More Posts by Rajah235
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
That battery looks just like a standard capacitor, never seen a lipo for sale anywhere that looked like that. It might be something specific to that heli and not available for sale. You may have to find something that's compatible size wise and micky mouse it.

Was it soldered in? It looks like it was designed to be soldered to a circuit board.
DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:45 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,522 Posts
The battery is a li-ion (has a can) not a li-po but I'm sure a li-po would be fine as the crashes are all low speed and altitude. It isn't soldered in. It attaches by a connector that plugs into the pins so it is quick and easy to change out (one screw holds the cowling on). Yeah, I thought it looked like a cap too. I'm ok with jerry-rigging something but I need something 3.7v 250mAh (or better) that weighs less than 30 grams. I've seen a few 1/2 AAs that may work.

Thanks for the links, Rajah! may work!

stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Last edited by stringrazor; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 07:57 PM
20+ years rc pro and semi pro
Joined Mar 2013
84 Posts
Can style

LOOKS LIKE BIG ASS CAPACITOR RIGHT? THEY ARE $0.20 EACH FROM alibabaexpress.com was hard to order as an individual they mostly sell to companies , after a few bad emails I got 100 of them as a "sample" to my fake company I made up. they perform like lipos in my opinion but I hear they don't make "can" lipos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
The battery is a li-ion (has a can) not a li-po but I'm sure a li-po would be fine as the crashes are all low speed and altitude. It isn't soldered in. It attaches by a connector that plugs into the pins so it is quick and easy to change out (one screw holds the cowling on). Yeah, I thought it looked like a cap too. I'm ok with jerry-rigging something but I need something 3.7v 250mAh (or better) that weighs less than 30 grams. I've seen a few 1/2 AAs that may work.

Thanks for the links, Rajah! may work!

rc brian nj is offline Find More Posts by rc brian nj