SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Well my left aileron was definitely up and right one down even when looking from behind. I am using the apc 11x5.5e with the 72g omega.

Doesnt appear to be a motor issue since we all are using different motors....
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:31 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,346 Posts
Yeah, it's not motors or torque. Maybe the wind will stay down this evening so I can try a little less thrust angle.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:34 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,252 Posts
I'd like to see video of someone's Edge doing this. I'll be seeing Noll, Arron, and Joe this weekend at the Ohio Huckfest and I'll see if they've heard of anything.

I can't imagine an airframe would cause a random wing drop. I'll also have mine there to maiden by then so I'll be able to chime in as well.

As it stands, I need to see this happening to get a better idea.

moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. Multiple planes rolling right means something. My ailerons look the same after trimming when looking at the plane from above. Left side is up, right side looks flat but really isn't when looking from directly behind or comparing to the Edge graphic on the side.

What props are you guys using? I used an 11x5.5E with the 2810 and an 11x7E with the 2610. Anyone using a 12x6E?
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:49 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Not sure what there is to see. If i let sticks sit at neutral the right wing goes down like i am pushing right aileron at about 30%. That would be great if you can talk to those guys about it. I emailed them this morning. I have had a parkzone extra 300 foamy and a eflite extra 260 3d balsa and neither of them did i have an issue with at all. Flew great right away.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:52 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Well 3dhs got this plane to me with in 24 hours wooooo hooooo.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:01 AM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. Multiple planes rolling right means something. My ailerons look the same after trimming when looking at the plane from above. Left side is up, right side looks flat but really isn't when looking from directly behind or comparing to the Edge graphic on the side.

What props are you guys using? I used an 11x5.5E with the 2810 and an 11x7E with the 2610. Anyone using a 12x6E?
Finally got thru all these pages....

I to am experiencing roll issues. Here's my setup

HS-65MG's all around
Omega 103
ZTW 50A esc
12x6 apc knock-off from hk

First day I flew I had to add just a few click of aile trim (forgot which way, and just chalked it up to maiden trimming). And yesterday was the second day I was able to fly it. I had some unwanted left roll, and I just thought that it was coming from the temp swings the plane went thru going from the office to the car to the field. Didn't think a whole lot about it cause I've experienced this with an epp profile I have. But after seeing other talk about it I'm all ears. I will reasses it after I fly tonight to see if I need to retrim the aile.

Now with a WOT blast mine will roll hard to the right, and the aile virtually do not respond. It's all I can do to keep it from rolling too far. But to be honest I can see why it's happening to me. One this motor has "stupid" power for this airplane, I actually think I'm going to pick up the 72 for this plane instead (it just feels like there is too much nose weight, not nose heavy, too much weight). Two I'm using a 12x6, so there's even more torque. And three these aile are made out of epp, they are going to flex and not keep their shape with the amount of force being applied to them with this motor prop combo.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU View Post
Finally got thru all these pages....

I to am experiencing roll issues. Here's my setup

HS-65MG's all around
Omega 103
ZTW 50A esc
12x6 apc knock-off from hk

First day I flew I had to add just a few click of aile trim (forgot which way, and just chalked it up to maiden trimming). And yesterday was the second day I was able to fly it. I had some unwanted left roll, and I just thought that it was coming from the temp swings the plane went thru going from the office to the car to the field. Didn't think a whole lot about it cause I've experienced this with an epp profile I have. But after seeing other talk about it I'm all ears. I will reasses it after I fly tonight to see if I need to retrim the aile.

Now with a WOT blast mine will roll hard to the right, and the aile virtually do not respond. It's all I can do to keep it from rolling too far. But to be honest I can see why it's happening to me. One this motor has "stupid" power for this airplane, I actually think I'm going to pick up the 72 for this plane instead (it just feels like there is too much nose weight, not nose heavy, too much weight). Two I'm using a 12x6, so there's even more torque. And three these aile are made out of epp, they are going to flex and not keep their shape with the amount of force being applied to them with this motor prop combo.
Well yours is doing just like mine. It will roll hard right upon giving wot and like you its all i can do to get it back level giving full left aileron. It almost seems unresponsive. Except i am using the 72g and a apc 11x5.5. So i dont think your motor power is your issue. Or your prop. Something is wrong here......
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,346 Posts
Thanks for that info. Left roll, as long as everything else is straight, is probably torque. Big motor + big prop and all that. I expected that out of mine but it didn't happen. Right roll though... well... I'm sure we'll figure it out.

I sure like mine a lot better with the lighter setup in the nose. I also prefer having " just enough" power as opposed to insane amounts of power that I'll never put to use for anything other than silly fast vertical runs.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:12 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
Well yours is doing just like mine. It will roll hard right upon giving wot and like you its all i can do to get it back level giving full left aileron. It almost seems unresponsive. Except i am using the 72g and a apc 11x5.5. So i dont think your motor power is your issue. Or your prop. Something is wrong here......
Have you tried adjusting the thrust angle yet? I think that has been the only reasonable thing to try that has been suggested.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
Team Thrasher
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2011
177 Posts
how long do you guys think this build will take me, my second build ever?
3derik is offline Find More Posts by 3derik
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:17 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Cale, this plane has a nice and big 1" tail wheel, I will probably buy more of those and put them on my small balsa planes. Has for main wheels, they will have to go, there 2" but I have 2 1/2" and 3" sitting here.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
No i have not had a chance to try that. Probably wont until this weekend. Hopefully sd can today.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3derik View Post
how long do you guys think this build will take me, my second build ever?
This was my 3rd true build and it took me arpund three hours. The motor caused issues getting it mounted right and all since i had to drill new mounting holes. If you have ca accelerator you can probably get done quicker.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
Team Thrasher
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2011
177 Posts
oh wow thats quick, still need to get me more Medium CA and a 12x6 and ill have everything set up and laying out
3derik is offline Find More Posts by 3derik
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
12x6 with a 72g?

Nobody needed the 3dhs arms they just used the hitec long arms correct? Any tips before I start this?