HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2014, 01:38 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Help!
Getting into RC hovercrafts - need advice please

Hi all,

Ive had RC vehicles in the past but I'm a bit out of touch and just need some pointers/advice please.

I want to make a RC Hovercraft, I'm very good at building things so not concerned about that section of it. What I am slightly confused over is choosing the motors and props!

So far I've bought a Spektrum DX5e transmitter and receiver plus a few servo's, I have foamboard and skirt material, so i need motors, props, ESC's and Battery.

Could you guys recommend anything? I live in the UK so if anyone is also from here and recommends any good suppliers I'd appreciate it

Many thanks

Pad
Padstar is offline Find More Posts by Padstar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 03:54 AM
MHA webmaster
United Kingdom, England, Reading
Joined Mar 2011
203 Posts
As you are in the UK, you might want to get in touch touch with the Model Hovercraft Association (check out our website www.modelhover.org or find us on Facebook). But before asking about motors and props you need to determine the size and design of the craft. Is it a single engined racing craft or a scale model of a commercial craft with separate lift and thrust fans for example? What sort of skirt will you use? What weight are you aiming for? There is more to hovercraft design than sticking a motor and prop onto an arbitrary built hull.
jpcwebb is offline Find More Posts by jpcwebb