HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2015, 06:43 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Sep 2011
301 Posts
Discussion
Got a new Blade 200 SR X, why is it setup as a plane?

When I saw the two DX6i setup videos on youtube, they were setup as a plane and not a heli (akro/angro?)

Also can I set which switches are beginner, inter and advanced or should i follow the guide to the word?

Video in question:
Blade 200SRX Dx6i Settings (5 min 54 sec)

I have never owned a real transmitter before. Do I just hold the trainer switch and turn on the Tx till it binds and then follow this video or is there a step in between
felixthemaster is offline Find More Posts by felixthemaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2015, 09:02 PM
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2013
23 Posts
you need to put the heli in bind mode as well as the radio. i think the video is correct because the SAFE technology was originally for planes but it looks like they have adapted it for helis. maybe someone with hands on knowledge can be more detailed than me. sorry i couldn't be more helpful. good luck
krc59diesel is offline Find More Posts by krc59diesel
Old Jan 09, 2015, 06:27 AM
Joined Oct 2014
389 Posts
You got the BNF? I believe Blade has some specifics for setting up the DX6i.
A printed manual came with the bird, everything you need is in there.
After you've read and understand the manual, then go to browsing the internet videos if you want.
JohnFM is online now Find More Posts by JohnFM
Old Jan 09, 2015, 06:33 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
You got the BNF? I believe Blade has some specifics for setting up the DX6i.
A printed manual came with the bird, everything you need is in there.
After you've read and understand the manual, then go to browsing the internet videos if you want.
Yes, I have the settings, I just need to learn how to use the TX so i can get around the settings first. I have never owned a Tx with a screen
Old Jan 09, 2015, 07:02 AM
Joined Oct 2014
389 Posts
I assume you're reading the DX6i set up instructions from Blade.
Some of the terms they use might not seem right, but that TX was originally for fixed wing.
Best to follow their set up , check out the bird on a stand, then take it out and see how it flies.
I wish Spektrum would do a better job getting all their different transmitters functioning along the same lines. I'm thinking about a DX9 next spring and I really hate any idea of having to have computer programming skills to get it set up. I think it's one of the easier ones.
Old Jan 09, 2015, 07:08 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
I assume you're reading the DX6i set up instructions from Blade.
Some of the terms they use might not seem right, but that TX was originally for fixed wing.
Best to follow their set up , check out the bird on a stand, then take it out and see how it flies.
I wish Spektrum would do a better job getting all their different transmitters functioning along the same lines. I'm thinking about a DX9 next spring and I really hate any idea of having to have computer programming skills to get it set up. I think it's one of the easier ones.
Yea, it would be cool if they all had the same 'OS' . And yea it would just annoy me greatly that there is a picture of a plane on the Tx whilst flying. What do you mean by "bird on a stand"?
Old Jan 09, 2015, 07:23 AM
Joined Oct 2014
389 Posts
A test stand.