HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:02 AM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,206 Posts
Discussion
Placed my first order with HC - is this normal?

Yesterday I placed an order with Hobby City (200346060) and the payment was via PayPal. I immediately got a payment conformation with PayPal but 24 hour's later my order still say's "Pending Payment". From their website it states that orders paid via PayPal will change from "Pending" to "Paid" within 10 minutes. Should I be worried?

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:31 AM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,138 Posts
Drop them a note, if you are concerned.

FWIW, I had one order show up on my door step, but the web site said "Pending Payment" But that was way back when they were just starting up.
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:11 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,174 Posts
You may have some bad timing. I think you are OK though.
The Chinese New Year's holiday starts officially on Sunday, but the weekend is there already in China.
So they are probably all gone for the week now, or about to be gone. So they may be understaffed and behind at this time.
So in the worst case, it may be the end of next week before they get back into business. But if their warehouse is able to handle it, they may get your order processed before they all take the holiday off.

from their website:
Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement 19/01/2009
Due to Chinese New Year holidays our office and warehouse will be closed from the 25th through to the 28th of January. Postal services out of Asia will also be stopped during this period. Our office will reopen from January 29.
Our warehouse will be running an extended schedule to help ship out your orders before the 25th.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:30 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guz
Drop them a note, if you are concerned.

FWIW, I had one order show up on my door step, but the web site said "Pending Payment" But that was way back when they were just starting up.
I called the toll free number last night and a very nice lady checked my order. She verified the PayPal payment and then changed the status to "Paid". I got a a notice this morning that my order had shipped

MLT
Old Jan 25, 2009, 03:25 AM
Chicago NW Burbs
Joined Sep 2007
77 Posts
Ive order from Hobby City -

Never order if inventor is low.

The will hold the WHOLE order while they wait for 1 small part, NOT in stock.

---------------------

Go back and look - There probably is 1 or 2 items you orded, OUT OF STOCK.

If an item is OUT OF STOCK, it gets put into your basket - then the order is on HOLD.

-------------

Customer service is poor - Prices are great.
Shipping is slow - Once I waited for 4 weeks.
Two weeks in about the norm.

-----------------

AirCraft ........hobby store in Japan is great - always fast shipping, and customer service is A++++

Hobby City - Great prices
atr98 is offline Find More Posts by atr98
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:43 AM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,206 Posts
Update: my order from Hobby City arrived yesterday it was shipped from HongKong Saturday and at my door in 4 day's which is awesome. So far I'm very pleased.

MLT
Closed Thread