Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:43 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,147 Posts
Looking forward to your C grain Red Rye bitter at about 11.8%.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:39 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
Awwwwww. All this negative talk about the female kind. Makes me wanna just...... Go vacuum something. No cookies for you.

Sean: Right on!
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
...... Go vacuum something. ...
Now THAT really sucks!
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:15 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Oh come on now guys!!!!!! Do you REALLY think that after 54 years of freedom that I'm EVER going to make the mistake of getting hitched? No way Jose! I have no desire and neither does Sue! Just being friends w/ benefits works for both of us. And those benefits are pretty nice so far!

I will however be installing a biometric scanner on the door to the shop/man cave and I'm the only one with the combo to the gun safe. I will be having way to many high power toys in it to ever give the combo to anyone. I MIGHT let her have a copy of the keys to the greenhouse. If nothing else....that should keep her out of my hair when I'm in the shop. I still need to get in touch with Gary and get some clippings of that hybrid balsa so I can adapt it to the high desert climate around here.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post

On further reflection Hoss, as you and I have discussed ...........

If we ever find ourselves single at the same time you just get a job transfer and move in to my house with me. We can turn the two extra bedrooms upstairs into one big bedroom for you. Plenty of room in the cave for both of us to build. Just think, flying and gun range trips anytime we want, lots of entertaining of the fairer gender, no "women's rules around the house, a stripper pole in the living room and we can claim each other as a "special life partner" on our tax returns. Call it Balsa Brewery Gulf Coast division.

Now if that situation ever comes up, Hoss gets a transfer out here, Tony opens a new division out here and puts Sean in charge and we all live at El Ranchita de Termica" with the 36 x 48 ft shop. Plenty of room for all three of us with space reserved for visits by Steveo when he gets himself across the pond. We all get our UAV pilots license and make our money flying big R/C planes for the border patrol off our own runway as contractors.

Edit: Come to think of it, with 20 acres in the middle of nowhere we can set up a nice little gun range at one end of the flying area. Just going to have to work up a backstop that will halt a .50 cal Barrett round.
Last edited by scaflock; Oct 01, 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Aditional thoughts....
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Awwwwww. All this negative talk about the female kind. Makes me wanna just...... Go vacuum something. No cookies for you.

Sean: Right on!
Negative female talk? You're reading it all wrong Katie. The problem is I like wimmin too much! They're smarter, much prettier and softer than us guys. I like that.

No, what I have a hard time dealing with is modern civilization. What's wrong with a harem? Share the work load I say.

On a serious note the only point of contention between my wife and I is household stuff. She was raised good old fashioned Oklahoma cowgirl and I was brought up a single child by a Liberated woman. Truthfully I don't like anyone doing my laundry, ironing or general housework. I know, I'm weird but my momma taught me to do all this stuff myself. In fact, I remember her exact words "I'm not raising another grown kid for some other woman to look after". On the other hand I married a nurturer. She can put in 15 hour days at the office and want to come home and cook, clean and feed me. Only thing she hasn't tried is put me over her shoulder, pat me on the back and burp me. I truly appreciate it but I don't want a slave. OK, maybe a certain type of slave at the right time but not the household type. I thought I married a better looking Paris Hilton but I got a June Cleaver instead.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:37 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Edit: Come to think of it, with 20 acres in the middle of nowhere we can set up a nice little gun range at one end of the flying area. Just going to have to work up a backstop that will halt a .50 cal Barrett round.
The backstop won't be a problem. I see the big issue being barrel cooling. Speaking of which I saw a Boys .55 cal the other day. Just the thing for those pesky Armadillos...........or the errant Peterbilt.

In fact Jeff, if you're in the market I know someone that has a Steyr Mannlicher for sale right now only a block from my place. Seven rounds total down the pipe but nowhere to shoot it. Tons of places around here to shoot lesser rounds but if you miss the backstop to the South you might sink a fishing boat 5 miles off shore.

I did get out to the shop tonight to get the scale stuff ready. EOM the crazy Brit and I will be meeting up in Huntsville. I'm probably going to have too much fun.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,640 Posts
Careful Jeff! mine is saying she didn't spend any money, but the tracking says its all off her card- 900 bucks in a week &1/2! gonna see the security (chick) @ bank in AM- she thinks I make 18 bucks an hour!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Johnny, I learned a long time ago (and the hard way) not to have a girlfriend on my bank account. :yikes Soon as she got access she went out and paid off all of HER credit cards!!!! Needless to say, she was out the door as soon as I found out what she had done. Of course she never paid me back.... I won't be making THAT mistake again.

Sean, I haven't seen any of those pesky Armadillos AKA "mobile speed bumps" out here yet but I have seen a few Mule deer (not worth hunting unless you like the taste of sage) and a Javilina. For those of you that don't know about Javilina, imagine a small wild pig with the attitude of a pit bull. 100% pure mean!!!! Either one would most likely end up splattered across the desert much like a gallon can of paint would if hit by that same .50 cal round. Yes guys... There is such a thing as over kill. I know it's a hard thing to believe but I for one like some meat left to go on the table.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:01 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,998 Posts
Cool Hat

Hi Jeff

Looks like you might have to find out the Custom Hat Maker for Don Imus, as his look pretty cool.

I think he is in the South West area.

I just was thinking they might be on the pricy side the way he spends some coin on his toy's and things.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Last edited by granada don; Oct 02, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:02 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Wow... all this talk about firearms has got me wanting to head out bush with my brother - he's got some mean equipment that he custom glassbeds and handloads, topped with nothing but Luepold scopes.

Myself? I've got a 1909 8mm (originally 6.5mm) Mauser from the Munich Arms Manufactury with open sights and strip-clips, and a Lee Enfield .303 Mk IV from 1942 topped with a Barska 4x scope. Looks the biznis and shoots pretty straight, packs a punch!

As for chicks and cash... no way I'd put one on for a 'free ticket'... they can keep working their job and I will keep working mine. I have bills and debts that I need to service and noone is gonna f*** that up but me!

- boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:28 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
boingk, The Mauser sounds awesome! LE too!

I have a rather complicated financial system that keeps me safe thanks to my dad. He preached responsibility since I was young. I trust my wife completely but our finances are separate for the most part. After we got married I bought the house and she bought her office building and as best we can legally the two are separated. She's had some difficulties recently due to the economy but recently she made more than I do week to week. Works out great because there is never any arguments over money. She's also not high maintenance. After her responsibilities are met, if she actually blows any money it's on grand kids. Except for shoes of course. High heels and pumps are her crack. I have dated chicks that thought their looks (among other things) was worth a lot more than it actually was to me. I've told more than one girlfriend that if I have to pay for it I'll go to Las Vegas and deal with a professional. May sound harsh but I tend to put all my cards on the table and it works out for me. Treating someone well, buying gifts and such is one thing, I enjoy giving a lot but when the pressure gets turned up or someone expects things I hit the road.

Damn, I'm ready to do a little flying. Weather is getting great (read cooler) here. Hoss, if you read this make an escape plan for this weekend.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:39 AM
Be an organ donor
Little Rock, AR. U.S.A via U.K
Joined May 2004
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingk View Post
Wow... all this talk about firearms has got me wanting to head out bush with my brother - he's got some mean equipment that he custom glassbeds and handloads, topped with nothing but Luepold scopes.

Myself? I've got a 1909 8mm (originally 6.5mm) Mauser from the Munich Arms Manufactury with open sights and strip-clips, and a Lee Enfield .303 Mk IV from 1942 topped with a Barska 4x scope. Looks the biznis and shoots pretty straight, packs a punch!

As for chicks and cash... no way I'd put one on for a 'free ticket'... they can keep working their job and I will keep working mine. I have bills and debts that I need to service and noone is gonna f*** that up but me!

- boingk
The Lee Enfield 303, one hell of a rifle!! I had a friend here in Little Rock that owned a Mauser 8mm that he would deer hunt with. He absolutely loved that rifle.
kwmtrubrit is offline Find More Posts by kwmtrubrit
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:49 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmtrubrit View Post
The Lee Enfield 303, one hell of a rifle!! I had a friend here in Little Rock that owned a Mauser 8mm that he would deer hunt with. He absolutely loved that rifle.
We hear from the Brit!

Keith, get ready for Huntsville. You and I are gonna decompress!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Enfields and Mausers and Barrettes.. OH MY! All good rifles in my book. Another one of my personal favorites is a Weatherby Mk VII chambered for .460 Mag. First rifle that darn near took my shoulder off when I fired it for the first time. Left one heck of a bruise to say the least but once I learned how to handle that beast it turned into a very flat shooting rifle. As I'm the son of a Telephone man I believe in the AT&T method when it come to fire arms. "Long distance is the next best thing to being there."