HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:13 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Their typically awesome service has been absolutely useless for the past month or more and they still owe me a replacement camber mount, or a stack of the things at this point. The spur gear is still backordered. What's up with that? Is another upgrade incoming for that too?
My guess is it will, and be probably at least 15 bucks.

I hear you on those older cars. Sure, things would break when abused, and parts like gears would wear when hotter motors were fitted but with normal use no critical weak spots were there. From what I understand is that in this case the part will break even when using the car normally.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:43 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,252 Posts

Well, I should have said this first --> there's no valid excuse for launching a new product line and not having a well equipped supply of spare parts available from a variety of providers.

Just wanted to make that clear, in case there was confusion about my confusing remarks.

Now, let's go have some fun with this stuff!

Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:59 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,370 Posts
Yep. I've had my say. Now it's time to go play.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:31 AM
Joined Mar 2014
3 Posts
In case there's anyone who actually still wants the plastic rear camber mount, I found a company in the UK that currently has them in stock. I had an order placed, then cancelled it when the upgrade became available. The downside is it will cost about $12 per part after shipping. Here's the link:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/179515/

Does anybody know if I'll be able to replace the rear camber mount on my Glamis Uno without doing more than taking off the plastic shell and replacing the camber mount? In other words not having to remove other parts just to replace it.
JthePilot1 is offline Find More Posts by JthePilot1
Old Mar 08, 2014, 07:45 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,370 Posts
Getting that deja vu again from one page ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Same goes for the camber mount. It'll slip in and out of there with no extra disassembly. It's a well thought out buggy. You just have to learn it's secrets.
You don't even have to take the shell off. Remove the links. Unbolt the camber mount and pull it out.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 08:05 AM
Joined Mar 2014
3 Posts
Lol! Just wanted to verify. Thanks.
JthePilot1 is offline Find More Posts by JthePilot1
Old Mar 08, 2014, 10:46 AM
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined May 2012
111 Posts
With the new confidence in this car I went out yesterday and started hitting snow/ice piles at the end of the driveway at full bore and had some spectacular flips and even complete barrel roll with upright landing. After one not so upright landing a front camber steering mount (sorry if I got that wrong) finally broke. I'm not upset with the car (at least not yet!), this thing drives and jumps in another league compared to my late 80's RC10. Even my son was telling me to ease up! No worries, already ordered from A-Main Hobbies and will check the local shop.

I think this car, like other large scale and monster trucks, inspires the kind of driving that will lead to breakages if you push it. We've run many packs through with some more reasonable jumping (not hitting ice ramp at full speed, cartwheeling into the yard) without any damage whatsoever, even a few high speed hits into obstacles. I was more worried about that bottom battery door, just seemed wrong, but have zero issues with it so far. Someone took a bad idea and turned it around with a good design.
Citationfxr is offline Find More Posts by Citationfxr
Last edited by Citationfxr; Mar 08, 2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:43 PM
Chatham, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2006
187 Posts
SD One - what an easy and elegant solution to the broken cambermont. Makes me wonder why it wasn't designed this way in the first place? I ordered the aluminum one now let's see what the chain reaction of broken parts will be.
IRONMIKEII is online now Find More Posts by IRONMIKEII
Old Mar 08, 2014, 09:11 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,559 Posts
I just ordered one too as I plan to slap some FPV gear on mine and get funky! What are some good lipos (brands that fit if you know would be greatly appreciated!) to get besides the stock one? Thanks guys! Getting excited for this one!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Mar 08, 2014, 09:12 PM
United States, OH, Middletown
Joined Nov 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
HOLLLLLY COOOWWWW This is awesome Thank you chuck T seeker
montemadness71 is offline Find More Posts by montemadness71
Old Mar 08, 2014, 11:26 PM
Chatham, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2006
187 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=24310

Very nice, easy fit 4.5 - 3S - 65 - 130C "boat pack".
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:11 PM
Joined Feb 2014
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93 View Post
I just ordered one too as I plan to slap some FPV gear on mine and get funky! What are some good lipos (brands that fit if you know would be greatly appreciated!) to get besides the stock one? Thanks guys! Getting excited for this one!
I am ordering one now too. I also want to try to do some FPV with it to. I was thinking of tapping the balance lead of the car's battery for my immersionrc vtx like I do on my Phantom quad. I am thinking of using my gopro but it might be too big and would have to go on the roof. Anyway if you can let me know how you are going to set yours up. thanks.

How hard is the camber to replace everyone?
Little Cow is offline Find More Posts by Little Cow
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:21 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMIKEII View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=24310

Very nice, easy fit 4.5 - 3S - 65 - 130C "boat pack".
Thanks for the info!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:22 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Cow View Post
I am ordering one now too. I also want to try to do some FPV with it to. I was thinking of tapping the balance lead of the car's battery for my immersionrc vtx like I do on my Phantom quad. I am thinking of using my gopro but it might be too big and would have to go on the roof. Anyway if you can let me know how you are going to set yours up. thanks.

How hard is the camber to replace everyone?
Will do! Hope to have it "flight ready" by the weekend!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:40 PM
Chatham, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2006
187 Posts
Bighead. I also swapped the pinion gear with the alternate supplied with the car. Very, very fast on these 3S packs!