SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2013, 06:56 AM
Schweiz, ZG, Cham
Joined May 2008
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Willie,

Ah, that explains it. I was wondering why we haven't seen any results posted. Look forward to some good weather and good findings!
Weather forecast for Switzerland this weekend (that is 50 F highest) :

The rest of west/central Europe is not much better...
willie_k is offline Find More Posts by willie_k
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2013, 04:56 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_k View Post
Hi Bill

@ReneNL: Kan jij testen? Maar het weer in NL is vermoedelijk ook niet beter.
(@ReneNL: Can you test? But the weather in NL is most likely not much better.)

Willie_k
Storm en koud Zal vanmiddag de firmware uploaden, wordt vervolgd.
Stormy and cold Will upload the firmware this afternoon, to be continued.
ReneNL is offline Find More Posts by ReneNL
Old May 29, 2013, 09:02 AM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
i will also do a testflight, but ... rain
maybe next week.
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old May 29, 2013, 06:25 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
It's the same way here in the northwest USA.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
yea its like this at the moment:

V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old Oct 13, 2013, 07:00 AM
Joined Oct 2011
79 Posts
Diversity problems

Hi Guys,

It's been since the beginning of the summer that no one has reported back about the issue with the diversity switching problem on the EE.

I was thinking of buying a EE and use it as a diversity switcher. I also own 2 RC305 receivers but after reading this post, I'm doubting whether the purchase will be a good idea due to all the problems people are experiencing.

Can any one advise whether you have been able to sort this issue out loading the latest software update, or whether I should buy one of this Eagle eyes for diversity purposes?

I wouldn't like to throw 80 quids in the bin.

Happy flying guys.
Rcproject is offline Find More Posts by Rcproject
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:20 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcproject View Post
Hi Guys,

It's been since the beginning of the summer that no one has reported back about the issue with the diversity switching problem on the EE.

I was thinking of buying a EE and use it as a diversity switcher. I also own 2 RC305 receivers but after reading this post, I'm doubting whether the purchase will be a good idea due to all the problems people are experiencing.

Can any one advise whether you have been able to sort this issue out loading the latest software update, or whether I should buy one of this Eagle eyes for diversity purposes?

I wouldn't like to throw 80 quids in the bin.

Happy flying guys.

Hi R.,
I was one of the first ussers mentioning a issue in the diversity recognition when using RC305 and EE.
In my case those issues are solved, but other reported that their issues are still there.
its a matter of fact that the slow constant graining in the vid on 5,8ghz with rotating polarized antennas is much mor difficult to detect than the black and white spikes at 900/1200mhz.
i experimented with a lowcost diversity and modded rc305 (rssi-signal), and now i ended with a double receiver with integrated diversity and eagle eyes as groundstation for tracking, video distribution, gps-display and and gateway to a navigation netbook (pretty much nice functions for 80,-- isnt it?).

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Oct 13, 2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi R.,
I was one of the first ussers mentioning a issue in the diversity recognition when using RC305 and EE.
In my case those issues are solved, but other reported that their issues are still there.
its a matter of fact that the slow constant graining in the vid on 5,8ghz with rotating polarized antennas is much mor difficult to detect than the black and white spikes at 900/1200mhz.
i experimented with a lowcost diversity and modded rc305 (rssi-signal), and now i ended with a double receiver with integrated diversity and eagle eyes as groundstation for tracking, video distribution, gps-display and and gateway to a navigation netbook (pretty much nice functions for 80,-- isnt it?).

cu Thomas

Nice and tidy ground station Thomas.

I see that you are mounting the Boscam D58-2 DUO5800 for diversity.
How is that new dual diversity receiver performing over the Eagle tree?

I've also been looking at it and would like to know if that is a good performer or even if that is a better diversity switcher than the EE on the 5.8g band.

I know that in your case you also need the EE for tracking and things that you mentioned.
I'd appreciate your advise.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 02:42 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcproject View Post
Nice and tidy ground station Thomas.

I see that you are mounting the Boscam D58-2 DUO5800 for diversity.
How is that new dual diversity receiver performing over the Eagle tree?

I've also been looking at it and would like to know if that is a good performer or even if that is a better diversity switcher than the EE on the 5.8g band.

I know that in your case you also need the EE for tracking and things that you mentioned.
I'd appreciate your advise.
Hi R,
the duo rx uses the internal rssi for diversity - like 2 modded rc305 with an external diversity switch, but much faster and without any issue and much less cables needed... you are always on the better antenna

ee uses a algorythm to detect a "better" video source, therefore the diversity switching is also funtionable, but you have to "be" on the poorer image a short time.

conclusio: rssi is faster and performes better than video analyses.

my advice: invest in the duo and sell your used rc305 and have fun with the performance advantage and less cables than using 2 rxs

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Oct 13, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi R,
the duo rx uses the internal rssi for diversity - like 2 modded rc305 with an external diversity switch, but much faster and without any issue and much less cables needed... you are always on the better antenna

ee uses a algorythm to detect a "better" video source, therefore the diversity switching is also funtionable, but you have to "be" on the poorer image a short time.

conclusio: rssi is faster and performes better than video analyses.

my advice: invest in the duo and sell your used rc305 and have fun with the performance advantage and less cables than using 2 rxs

cu Thomas

My thoughts confirmed. Thank you for the information.
Yes, Ill probably go for something that uses RSSI, sounds like it will be less problems and better performance in the long run.