HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2011, 04:16 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,245 Posts
Discussion
Team30 Micro EDF on Shapeways!

I have created a Shapeways Store to allow others to purchase my ducted fan designs I have in my account there.

The Ducted Fan cases have 4 stators specifically for use with 3 blade rotors - aiming for high eflux with minimum disruption to air flow. They are available as flanged or straight depending on your application. The motor mount excepts 12mm inrunners. Currently, only 30mm cases are listed but there will also be 25mm and 20mm cases made available soon (as seen in the image).

Next we have 30mm EDF nacelles (or pods as some call them). There are various versions here. A basic nacelle for those with 30mm EDF units already setup. A solid(seamless) unit and a split system to allow easy access to motor installation and maintenance. All nacelles have front guides for the case and rear internal guides to set the exit pipe to the correct diameter! There will also be 25mm and 20mm nacelles made available soon.

If anyone has any suggestions for any other products I could add, please let me know. I don't mind doing the design if it adds more cool products that can be made available to everyone.
e.g. I'll be designing a scale He 163 pod to add to the list. The Salamander needs it's funky shape!

More products to come as time permits.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/team30

NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 04:24 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joined Apr 2004
2,059 Posts
Subscribed
MegaTesla is offline Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Old Oct 07, 2011, 05:30 AM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,429 Posts
Very nice! I like!

May I ask, have you created and used any of these 30mm versions yet?
Looks like you have the GWS 6-bladed rotor cut down to 3-blades in mind?
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:26 AM
Guernsey
Joined Jan 2002
1,298 Posts
Nice one Nitro

What's the deal with shipping and shipping wordwide?

Steve
stegla is offline Find More Posts by stegla
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:26 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,539 Posts
Sweet! So these will drop ship directly to the buyer from shapeways. I would like (2) 25mm nacelles with integrated shroud....sweet idea!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:26 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,245 Posts
Shapeways does all the store stuff. The customer places the order though the Team30 store and Shapeways takes care of it all.

Slaanesh - yes, a cut down GWS is the only option for now. I had a chat with Mr. Lin last night about possible manufacture of 1mm to 1mm GWS 30mm rotor adaptors similar in design to the GWADP001 to stop these things flying off the moment the motor shaft heats up. He liked the idea and will look into it.
I haven't got my hands on the designs yet. Since shipping to here is high, I'm going to fill a box up to make it worth it.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:42 PM
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,429 Posts
Hmmmm when I ordered my stuff from BiM I got free shipping as long as the order was US$25+.

Now it's fixed a US$19.99?

Also I can't select polished materials. Only black or white - not the polished versions.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:06 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaanesh View Post
Hmmmm when I ordered my stuff from BiM I got free shipping as long as the order was US$25+.

Now it's fixed a US$19.99?

Also I can't select polished materials. Only black or white - not the polished versions.
I'd be careful making comparisons here! Choose what you want and leave it at that.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:16 PM
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,429 Posts
I'm just wondering if NC defined the materials. ie. black and white plastics only and missed the polished options?

The polished plastics are very nice and very much worth the small extra dollar value and time take to create.

Also, the two orders I've made with BiM both to the value of ~US$28 had free dropship postage. This made the deal very appealing.

To order a couple 30mm housings and pay more for the postage than the product isn't very appealing.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:28 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,245 Posts
Shapeways changed their shipping policy as of the 1st October to what you see now. The last order I placed was on 30th September - so I just scraped in on a 25buck order and free shipping. Now you see why I am filing up the box before completing my order.

"Shipping Options and Pricing
We ship worldwide by UPS. We always use this freight carrier and can not currently make any exceptions.

Cost Applicable Countries
$6.50 United States, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
$9.50 All EU Countries, Switzerland, Norway, San Marino, Vatican, Andorra, Liechenstein
$19.99 Rest of the world"

If you want more material options I can turn them on. Rigid white plastic is the cheapest and I didn't think anyone would want anything else. Let me know what material choices you'd like.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 12:04 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
NC - do your stators have square leading and trailing edges?
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:18 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,245 Posts
They have curved/rounded front, square rear.

Last edited by NitroCharged; Oct 08, 2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 04:17 AM
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post

"Shipping Options and Pricing
We ship worldwide by UPS. We always use this freight carrier and can not currently make any exceptions.

Cost Applicable Countries
$6.50 United States, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
$9.50 All EU Countries, Switzerland, Norway, San Marino, Vatican, Andorra, Liechenstein
$19.99 Rest of the world"

What a bugger! If I would have known that I would have ordered earlier.

$6.50 to the USA is no worries for most of the market I guess and the EU is not too bad but leaves the rest of the world with pretty expensive shipping.

Can we buy directly from you then NC?
Old Oct 08, 2011, 06:44 AM
Wizard
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2011
136 Posts
Cool! i may buy some of those later in the year shipping in Aus should be cheap. what is it made on? a 3d printer?
Magickid is offline Find More Posts by Magickid
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:12 PM
oTc
Joined Oct 2006
108 Posts
NitroCharged

When you going to start producing and selling motors?

I'm willing to pull the trigger on PayPal for a few of your motors to use in a 30mm edf, if shipping isn't too painful from your side of the world.
oTc is offline Find More Posts by oTc