HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:32 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Also, wasn't that the Extreme Flight Lazer dipping its tail in the pool at the very end? Where was this vid shot?
Yes, I think so.

Fly Low In East in NJ.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585426
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:21 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,948 Posts
thx...
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:53 AM
Australia, WA, Osborne Park
Joined Jul 2011
117 Posts
Sub.

Is there any way to pre order with ADC?
Wretcho is offline Find More Posts by Wretcho
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:11 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,230 Posts
Yes.....when they are available for pre order....which they are not now....

I don't know if ADC has gift certificates like 3DHS has, but if they do, and they money is burning a hole in your pocket, buy some, then use them when they are available for pre order....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:41 PM
Australia, WA, Osborne Park
Joined Jul 2011
117 Posts
Awesome

I don't buy planes of anyone else now :P
Wretcho is offline Find More Posts by Wretcho
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:53 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,287 Posts
My 51'' Slick died the other day so now i have the gear for the bipe. Can it get here already!?!?
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:26 AM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Guess it's seriously not on the August 6th shipment since there is no pre-order? Bummer.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:05 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Guess it's seriously not on the August 6th shipment since there is no pre-order? Bummer.
Nice how we are all kept up to date with progress on the bipe by 3DHS personnel (now where is the sarcasm icon)

Got ETA still says spring 2012.. how hard is it to update a web page anyway?
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:43 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Nice how we are all kept up to date with progress on the bipe by 3DHS personnel (now where is the sarcasm icon)

Got ETA still says spring 2012.. how hard is it to update a web page anyway?
fixed

actually, we have kept people up to date with the bipes... they're being built. we're not lying. people who have been around know the drill... getting on a boat, pre-orders or a big "tuh-dah, they've already arrived"... nothing different.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:50 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,070 Posts
hahaha! Gotcha!
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:20 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
fixed
Looks like the 'got ETA' page has been deleted altogether Does that count as 'fixed'?

I'm sure no one is lying, I didnt intend to imply they were. Apologies if i've missed some updates on progress, but the only info I've seen is the ETA page that said Spring 2012 and an email update I got months back saying 'Late Summer', which would mean this month (August)... which in turn would mean they had to be on the water now. Is that the case?

Steve

To be honest it's something of a moot point for me as I dont suppose the UK stockist will get them on anything like the same schedule anyway
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; Aug 02, 2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:46 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Looks like the 'got ETA' page has been deleted altogether Does that count as 'fixed'?

I'm sure no one is lying, I didnt intend to imply they were. Apologies if i've missed some updates on progress, but the only info I've seen is the ETA page that said Spring 2012 and an email update I got months back saying 'Late Summer', which would mean this month (August)... which in turn would mean they had to be on the water now. Is that the case?

Steve

To be honest it's something of a moot point for me as I dont suppose the UK stockist will get them on anything like the same schedule anyway
Sure it's fixed, it's no showing an incorrect ETA

All I know is that I had to fix a snafu with stickers a few weeks back, as to exactly when in the building/box-stuffing the stickers are in the process I don't know, but it's sure as heck coming along, that's for sure...

Ya, I'm unsure when the UK will be getting them in their container schedule.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:43 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
fixed

actually, we have kept people up to date with the bipes...people who have been around know the drill... getting on a boat, pre-orders or a big "tuh-dah, they've already arrived"... nothing different.
Fixed by removing ETA?

I love my super vyper, but not only are you not meeting the needs of future new customers, you're driving previous ones away. Not that you care. You seem to have a lot of cool planes that aren't available anyway.

Customers who want to buy a plane now for the current season are forced to shop around, find alternatives. At some point, an alternative will fly as good or better than your offerings. And you may not be able to enter into an agreement with those manufacturers preventing them from marketing their planes in the U.S.

I'm no marketing expert, but I really don't understand 3DHS logic.

You guys don't seem to be in business to make money, but to feed a clique of close friends. I'm not bashing you--if that's your business model, who am I to argue. The people who get your planes are lucky, and your pilots (including yourself) are inspiring. The 3DHS model of advertising planes years in advance of their release might be a wise marketing move, but it becomes frustrating for those who would actually buy.

Even more frustrating, right now, I sure would like to buy a skywing MXS, but cannot (easily) since I am in the U.S.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:59 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,421 Posts
Glad the ETA is gone, it never served a purpose. I wish the Bipe was here already, but if there is one thing I appreciate, it is the fact that 3DHS and others like EF take the time to make their models right before they produce them. I know this is Scott Stoops baby and he went through countless prototypes to get this one just right. I think the long wait is hard, but this is a bipe, and there is nothing similar on the market to buy anyways(please don't say the word PA) so I'll just wait
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:02 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k
You guys don't seem to be in business to make money, but to feed a clique of close friends. I'm not bashing you--if that's your business model, who am I to argue. The people who get your planes are lucky, and your pilots (including yourself) are inspiring. The 3DHS model of advertising planes years in advance of their release might be a wise marketing move, but it becomes frustrating for those who would actually buy.
...need to remove the special cases, this isn't the usual 3DHS practice at all. The entire time we've said that the biplane was going to take a long time and that we weren't going to rush it. It was in development, what was to be a final prototype was built and we discovered some solid improvements that could be made. that pushed things back, and now it's in production and the whole thing is nearing the end of the story. But it's also pretty clear that this is also not normal... maybe the 2m Osiris and BigFoot can fall into this category, but AJ's had a much busier schedule and testing will remain testing, we're not going to rush a product out and miss development simply because of when we initially told people about an airframe.

But all the other airframes, it's like "here's the prototype... oh look, you can buy them", typically a very short advanced marketing period. Maybe your viewpoint is jaded by the fact that you came after the release of most of our airframes, but the biplane, BigFoot and Osiris 2m are not typical... they're long term projects that are finally coming to fruition.