SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 04, 2015, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by lutherdriggers
Joined Apr 2015
2 Posts
Question
Newbie Question about signal compatibility in 5.8Ghz FPV

Hi super active big RC forum, I'm not sure how you take to noob questions, but here is mine

I'm getting into micro quads and I want some scrappy/cheap fpv gear, but I don't understand if one 5.8Ghz, say, boscam, is the same as any other, say, horizonhobby's Ultra Micro fpv thing. The main reason for my doubt arises from the 2.4Ghz rc band, where the rx and tx need to agree on what channels they'll hope around on to avoid interference (or something). This is affected by product brand, but I don't know if the same thing happens in 5.8Ghz video transmission.

So, can I buy Horizonhobby's little spmvA1100 Ultra Micro camera and then patch things up with cheap third party products, or am I stuck with FatShark after that?
lutherdriggers is offline Find More Posts by lutherdriggers
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2015, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by boogyman
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jun 2006
260 Posts
Yes, there are third party receivers which are compatible with the fatshark frequencies for 5.8GHz video. If you pick up a 32 channel 5.8 receiver, it should be compatible with any of the popular brand transmitters out there. The main thing is to check that the frequencies match between the tx and rx. This thread has a chart of the 5.8 video frequencies and the associated brands:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266883. The 32 channel receivers should be able to receive any of those frequencies.
boogyman is online now Find More Posts by boogyman