SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2015, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by gtinbm
United States, NM, Elephant Butte
Joined Apr 2013
41 Posts
Discussion
align 3g and 5 blade head

ok so ive been building an MD500D 450 size for the last year, ha ha its taken a long time to work out some quarks. I originally was using a 450 v2 clone but just had bad luck so I got an align sport air-frame which is much nicer. i got an align 3g system on eBay when I ordered the fuse in hopes to use it for a mutli blade head when I got there. I got my multi blade head a while back and it has been interesting the new can of worms that opened. first it was no tail authority with the regular tail, I was expecting that though so I built a cascade tail thanks to BlackTitanium's DIY thread that all worked well until the tail grips blew out. !!! I replaced those with tarot thrust bearing grips which work great. so now Im down to the real kicker so I have this 3g system which I have read will not work correctly with a 5 blade head since you cant set the phasing electronically, I thought that all you had to do was mechanically set the phasing and it would all be good?? Not so much I was wondering why every time i tried to test hover it would lift off and drift and no matter what I did it did not respond the way I thought it would. so back to reading found so interesting stuff about phasing, so don't know why I didn't realize this before. with a 4 blade head no need to phase electronically since all the blades are at 90 deg from each-other and the reaction happens at 90 deg to the moment so as far as a fbl controller is concerned a 1,2 ,4 blade head all work the same, right?? or am i flawed in my thinking. so anyway 3g was out but i didn't want to buy a usb dongle for my hb800 so i tried to rig something so i could use the 3g.
with a penta head you want the swash to tilt slightly to the left of yous stick movement for clockwise rotation and slightly to the right for counter clock wise. the physics of it all is still a little beyond me but i am assuming this has to do with the fact that the blades are in the range of something like 72 deg apart so if the swash action and reaction is at 90 it will all-ways be late therefor if you go for forward cyclic you get forward and right or forward and left. so back to the 3g i set the sensor to a two oclock position so that when the heli tilts back the swash will move to the 11 oclock position. essentially what the e-phasing would do , the olny problem with this it that you have to mix the swash with your tx to do the same when you put in cyclic movements. i hope this helps anyone doing the same as me trying to use outdated equipment
gtinbm is offline Find More Posts by gtinbm
to remove ads between posts