HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:04 AM
innov
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Help!
tx rx

Hi guys

Can anyone help me choosing a tx and rx with motor and esc. I am planning to make an electric SLOWFLYER plane, about 24'' to 30'' wingspan.Will be a parkflyer.Actually need only 3 controIs throttle,rudder and elevator.I have a low budget and so found something like the
Futaba 4 YF 2.4 Ghz FHSS Tx which uses a R200 4 GF 4 Ch 2.4 Ghz FHSS receiver ( voltage 4.8v -7.4v )
Spektrum DX5e 5 CH Fullrange DSMX with AR600 receiver ( voltage 3.5v-9.6v)
Is there something better than any of these two radios to serve my purpose
Help appreciated.
nigel.d is offline Find More Posts by nigel.d
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:21 AM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
2,840 Posts
There is a whole forum dedicated to radio discussion where you will find lots of people who have sound opinions on the merits of various radios, including many options even less expensive than you have found.

If you start here, you can have a quick scroll through the full extent of RCGroups content. It's a long way down the page, but there is a radios forum.

The first question is have you ever flown an RC model? If not, there is a wealth of information here. Also if not, your chances of success are going to be a lot higher and probably cheaper in the long run if you buy something proven to work and proven as a learning platform. In the size you stated, there's the Micro Slowstick, or its bigger brother.

Or you can go for a single box ready to fly solution like the Champ, or the Micro Stik and learn to fly without having to also figure out radio and power system.
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:03 AM
innov
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Thanks Sciroco
that was really fast from you with some help.
I will check on the sites and try to get the best of knowlege from it
and get back to you if help needed.
Honestly i can get to the most extreme in the technical side since i have
spent many years in enginering.
I just got into this hobby after helping my friend in making a plane using the
electronics from a helicopter that wouldnt fly,gears screwed up probably because of many crashes .
And now want to build a nice steady one for my self.
catch you later.
nigel.d is offline Find More Posts by nigel.d