Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
14 Posts
Discussion
Never flown- solo in two weekends

We are part of a development team that will allow you to fly solo with two weekend's of instruction by an experienced pilot. You will able to take off, fly as long as your battery lasts and land at your chosen spot. This new technology is as important as the development of the servo or the esc. This technology has been used in MIT projects.
oporter is offline Find More Posts by oporter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:51 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
3,927 Posts
Welcome to RC Mystery Theater. Good ideas can be simply and understandably explained. When they are not, there is a good reason. That reason will not be pleasantly discovered.

So, you've unveiled a brand new car, but it's under a tarp. We're not getting excited.
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:29 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,149 Posts
I am with you RR.
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
14 Posts
No mystery

Her name is Ruby and she is for real, I maded any comment I traveled from west Florida to Boston to see it work. It was better than slice toast could ever be. See for yourself at www.uthere.com. I will be developing several planes that Ruby will perform out of the box. If you are interestd in getting on board before June go to www.cratejets.com. Leave your info a we will give you a discount on all the items we feature this year.

Thanks

RO
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
14 Posts
For RR

If you can fly a jet, she will be in your hands this sping. I will drive over from New Port Richy so you can be a witness to the new world. To the left to the left.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:22 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,087 Posts
During the last Freestyle competition at my field I told the owner of the LHS there would be a day when the pilot programmed his routine into his TX then pushed the start button, the plane would fly the routine then the pilot would be judged on his creative programming rather than his actual flying skill. That day is getting closer.
600Bob is online now Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:54 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Hi Bob,

It's going to be with a device that sounds something like an auto pilot with 3-axis gyro.
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:49 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twn Chen View Post
Hi Bob,

It's going to be with a device that sounds something like an auto pilot with 3-axis gyro.

not to be a critic, but wouldn't that sorta kill the thrill of actually flying a plane?
hoghead5150 is online now Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:57 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,149 Posts
I had thought about buying some gyro stabiliser for my plane but decided against when I worked out they do not prevent stalls and may make that situation worse by applying up elevator to a stalled aircraft. Though now I am thinking about getting a AR635 for my spitfire just to make life easier on windy days.
How does Ruby now what the stall speed of your plane is to prevent stalls?
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:43 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,463 Posts
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:45 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,463 Posts
I was at an indoor flying venue about a month ago. I observed one of the guys send his plane up, then got the thing going in a circle around the dome. He then set his TX on the floor and sat back a watched his plane fly in circles by itself for ten minutes.

After he landed his plane I walked over and told him that was very interesting. He said "Yea, ain't that cool". I said "no not really. Whats the point?. He didn't have an answer.

He could have just had someone else fly his plane and accomplished the same thing?
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:52 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
not to be a critic, but wouldn't that sorta kill the thrill of actually flying a plane?
That's not being a critic, if the plane flies itself whats the point? We don't have to build anymore so it's 45 minutes from the box to the field, so now we are taken out of the equation for actually having to fly the craft. Again what's the point? I am in this hobby because I like to fly and control my aircraft, not a gyro not an autopilot.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:16 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,153 Posts
Kind of like watching a model train go around and around...
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:17 AM
Willmar, Minnesota, United States
Joined Sep 2004
160 Posts
+1 (to the original poster) I hate to burst your bubble.. but showing this product to a bunch of rc flying enthusiasts is sort of like showing an mp3 player to someone who is learning how to PLAY the guitar.
:-)
'So what ?'
Jim Buzzeo is online now Find More Posts by Jim Buzzeo
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:57 AM
trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
29 Posts
Just like self driving cars are interesting to people who commute, this will be interesting to people who are only interested in aerial photography/video, firing missiles and drop bombs. To people that fly for fun, it kills the fun.

On the other hand, there's some interesting tool assisted videos in the fighting game community that shows stuff no human can do. Maybe it can go that way too.
darvos is offline Find More Posts by darvos