HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2014, 09:27 AM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,855 Posts
Hey guys we are clearing out our "rejects" piles... these are parts that we cut or we had a machine shop cut, which did not pass our quality inspection. Most defects are cosmetic, ie, a scratch, a missing logo, smudge marks on the material which we could not remove by rubbing, edge defects (mis-colored, not perfectly smooth, etc). In rare cases you may find a hole missing, or the hole pattern slightly different, but the plate will ALWAYS be able to be used as intended.

If you are looking for cheap spares, it's not a bad deal, we sell them for far less than our own cost, but have a limited quantity available.

http://www.hoverthings.com/sale-items.html

thanks!
tom
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Last edited by vic20owner; Jul 07, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Joined Nov 2013
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Hey guys we are clearing out our "rejects" piles... these are parts that we cut or we had a machine shop cut, which did not pass our quality inspection. Most defects are cosmetic, ie, a scratch, a missing logo, smudge marks on the material which we could not remove by rubbing, edge defects (mis-colored, not perfectly smooth, etc). In rare cases you may find a hole missing, or the hole pattern slightly different, but the plate will ALWAYS be able to be used as intended.

If you are looking for cheap spares, it's not a bad deal, we sell them for far less than our own cost, but have a limited quantity available.

http://www.hoverthings.com/sale-items.html

thanks!
tom

AWESOME TOM! Perfect time for me to get some spare parts. Order placed
AlaskaRuzz is offline Find More Posts by AlaskaRuzz
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
Joined Nov 2013
26 Posts
Here is the Hoverthings Flip Pro with an EagleTree Vector. Really liking this combo.

EagleTree Vector Hoverthings Flip Pro FPV (6 min 28 sec)
AlaskaRuzz is offline Find More Posts by AlaskaRuzz
Old Today, 06:24 AM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
116 Posts
I see AR is using Luminere Simonk 30 amp ESC's with his 1100kv motors. Would they be ok with the Sunnysky 2212-13 980kv motors too? I'm trying to get an order up to start getting my Flip FPV up and flying. I have the frame assembled. I've got my SS 980kv motors mentioned above and have my HQ 9x4.5 props balanced and mounted on them. AR sold me on the Vector FC from his previous videos. Planning on using a 3S-4000+ batteries on this quad and more then likely a PCB CCD and FS HD FPV setup in a month or so down the road when the budget allows it. I'm a little uncertain on the ESC's (20 or 30 amp) because I'm thinking I may want to try some 1100kv motors and drop down to 8" props in a few months once I gain some confidence in my FPV flying, and would like to just use the same ESC's if possible. Damn I hate being on a budget and waiting to order parts. Thanks for any advice guys.
Tom T is offline Find More Posts by Tom T
Old Today, 07:09 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T View Post
I see AR is using Luminere Simonk 30 amp ESC's with his 1100kv motors. Would they be ok with the Sunnysky 2212-13 980kv motors too? I'm trying to get an order up to start getting my Flip FPV up and flying. I have the frame assembled. I've got my SS 980kv motors mentioned above and have my HQ 9x4.5 props balanced and mounted on them. AR sold me on the Vector FC from his previous videos. Planning on using a 3S-4000+ batteries on this quad and more then likely a PCB CCD and FS HD FPV setup in a month or so down the road when the budget allows it. I'm a little uncertain on the ESC's (20 or 30 amp) because I'm thinking I may want to try some 1100kv motors and drop down to 8" props in a few months once I gain some confidence in my FPV flying, and would like to just use the same ESC's if possible. Damn I hate being on a budget and waiting to order parts. Thanks for any advice guys.
Yes, I have been using the 30A simonK ESC's w/ 980KV Sunnysky motors on my Flip for months now and they work great! They only get warm using 9X4.5 props w/ 3S battery!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:48 AM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,395 Posts
AlaskaRuzz that looks like it's flying great! and Nice place to fly too.

I've been thinking about a vector for my Flip FPV, even had one preordered but cancelled it. I know you said above you like it. But can you compare it to any other FCs? As far as flight feel? for instance i like a well tuned multiwii board or Openpilot board, but don't like naza. (i also fly almost exclusively in rate mode)

Thanks
tonkajeep34 is online now Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dipped Taranis - Take 2