HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wdelarme, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
300 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
For Sale
DJI NAZA GPS Protector

Below is what happens to the GPS ant after a rollover crash with the DJI NAZA GPS It will not lock again. I have tried resoldering the pieces it just doesnt work

Name: brkn gps.jpg
Views: 280
Size: 44.9 KB
Description:

Protect your DJI NAZ GPS! I have personally lost one GPS to a roll over crash. The guard is higher than the GPS/compass so it takes the hit not your GPS.

The device also is designed to manually rotate to allow for magnetic declination adjustments

The bottom of the guard is 5mm thick abs plastic the sides are solid ABS plastic. I can make these in black or white

2 inches tall from top to bottom by default but I can change this if requested

$10 shipped in USA ( I am shipping over seas but the shipping has to be paid by the purchaser
$5 shipped for replacement parts in the USA (ie the guard has been snapped off from crashing)

Name: 2012-09-19 22.25.40.jpg
Views: 279
Size: 248.0 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-09-19 22.25.29.jpg
Views: 205
Size: 276.5 KB
Description:

Some are actually getting very good results with shielding the inside with copper

Paypal wdelarme@gmail.com

Patent Pending
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:14 AM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
259 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
Below is what happens to the GPS ant after a rollover crash with the DJI NAZA GPS It will not lock again. I have tried resoldering the pieces it just doesnt work

Protect your DJI NAZ GPS! I have personally lost one GPS to a roll over crash. The guard is higher than the GPS/compass so it takes the hit not your GPS.

The device also is designed to manually rotate to allow for magnetic declination adjustments

The bottom of the guard is 5mm thick abs plastic the sides are solid ABS plastic. I can make these in black or white

2 inches tall from top to bottom by default but I can change this if requested

$10 shipped in USA ( I am shipping over seas but the shipping has to be paid by the purchaser
$5 shipped for replacement parts in the USA (ie the guard has been snapped off from crashing)

Some are actually getting very good results with shielding the inside with copper

Paypal wdelarme@gmail.com

Patent Pending

I bought one of these for my GPS and I LOVE it! Not only well made, but gives me an extra sense of security for when the inevitable happens!
I highly recommend!
nike25 is offline Find More Posts by nike25
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Jul 2012
133 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I received my GPS Protector a few days ago.

Excellent product. Thanks
naturecannon is offline Find More Posts by naturecannon
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:50 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,498 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Quote:

Patent Pending[/CENTER]
Yes, I lined mine with adhesive backed copper. Interference from any of my VTX or other equipment is drastically reduced. Naza grabs locks quicker as well. This was a great idea and I plan to order 2 more from wdelarme when I get home this evening. I definitely recommend this item.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Last edited by HansAuf; Oct 06, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Jul 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Yes, I lined mine with adhesive backed copper. Interference from any of my VTX or other equipment is drastically reduced. Naza grabs locks quicker as well. This was a great idea and I plan to order 2 more from wdelarme when I get home this evening. I definitely recommend this item.
Did you line the bottom as well or just the sides?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:35 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,498 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
Did you line the bottom as well or just the sides?
Bottom too. Changed the description in my post to indicate that.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:29 PM
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Oct 2011
52 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
can i get 1 allready lined
james sowell is offline Find More Posts by james sowell
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Jul 2012
300 Posts
Not at this time. If enough people ask for it I will but you are the first one to ask. The copper 3M tape (for shielding) is expensive so if I did it would raise the price to about $15.00 a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james sowell View Post
can i get 1 allready lined
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Not at this time. If enough people ask for it I will but you are the first one to ask. The copper 3M tape (for shielding) is expensive so if I did it would raise the price to about $15.00 a piece.
That is actually a great idea.

Even if you include just enough copper foil to be placed on each protector by the buyer. Saves you labor and and us from buying an entire roll of foil which most likely wont all be used. Win win situation if interest shown

I know the convenience of having both shipped together would be well worth the $15.

EDIT: Sorry to keep jumping on your thread, just very impressed with your GPS protector. I truly hope you do well and thanks for sharing an awesome product for my multi.
Last edited by naturecannon; Oct 06, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Jul 2012
300 Posts
Would anyone here buy one if I ordered the Copper shielding and charged $15.00 instead of the $10.00?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
That is actually a great idea.

Even if you include just enough copper foil to be placed on each protector by the buyer. Saves you labor and and us from buying an entire roll of foil which most likely wont all be used. Win win situation if interest shown

I know the convenience of having both shipped together would be well worth the $15.

EDIT: Sorry to keep jumping on your thread, just very impressed with your GPS protector. I truly hope you do well and thanks for sharing an awesome product for my multi.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:09 PM
Canada, QC, Stanbridge East
Joined Jul 2010
356 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Would anyone here buy one if I ordered the Copper shielding and charged $15.00 instead of the $10.00?
I will buy one if its ready to go lined,I just saw this thread and went wow nice job I want one ,for $15 bucks seems fair just as long as you don't do a shotty job on the lining.I'm sure as word spreads everyone will want one...

edit:

Oh no ! I just noticed it has a base on it so its not a drop in replacement,not so interested now...
Mine has a metal pedestal like many others and its epoxied on to carbon fiber tube so it wouldn't fit for me .
Donjuanzx9 is offline Find More Posts by Donjuanzx9
Last edited by Donjuanzx9; Oct 06, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
300 Posts
You have to replace the whole stand. My stand allows you to rotate the compass on it. All you need is one hole to mount it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjuanzx9 View Post
I will buy one if its ready to go lined,I just saw this thread and went wow nice job I want one ,for $15 bucks seems fair just as long as you don't do a shotty job on the lining.I'm sure as word spreads everyone will want one...

edit:

Oh no ! I just noticed it has a base on it so its not a drop in replacement,not so interested now...
Mine has a metal pedestal like many others and its epoxied on to carbon fiber tube so it wouldn't fit for me .
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:32 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2010
284 Posts
I would buy one if lined.

Probably will buy one anyway.
Infernal Bill is online now Find More Posts by Infernal Bill
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:49 AM
Canada, QC, Stanbridge East
Joined Jul 2010
356 Posts
Quote:
You have to replace the whole stand. My stand allows you to rotate the compass on it. All you need is one hole to mount it
You mean like a empty hole like where the naza arms go?
Ok I see the part under the protector is the whole stand not just a cap for the carbon fiber tube...
Why not make it to sit on the existing stand and be able to rotate?
Donjuanzx9 is offline Find More Posts by Donjuanzx9
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Great idea and with the lining . If I go the naza set up and not wii or kk2 I'd definitely get 2 !!!
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman