HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISGA1A View Post
Hi guys,

Are there any firmware upgrades for the Helicox TG-1? Ive had one for about a year and it seems to have some sort of bug. For no apparent reason in mid-flight it will bank hard right. After picking up the pieces the swash is not level (hard right turn) After a power cycle all seems to be normal and the swash is perfectly level. I might get five to ten flights in, then it happens again. I'm 100% sure the issue is with the gyro. I use the same TX for all my toys and swapped out the RX but the problem still persists. All three servos were also replaced with Hitec's after the first indecent as one got striped.

Thanks,
Chris
I haven't heard of any updates on the TG-1, but the symptoms you describe are very likely caused by electrostatic discharge (ESD). I'd suggest you ground your tail shaft to the boom and the boom to the motor mount to prevent ESD. Use a multimeter to verify there is electrical continuity between your tail shaft and motor mount.

Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach Gardens
Joined Jun 2012
54 Posts
[QUOTE=Dr.M;22391766]I haven't heard of any updates on the TG-1, but the symptoms you describe are very likely caused by electrostatic discharge (ESD). I'd suggest you ground your tail shaft to the boom and the boom to the motor mount to prevent ESD. Use a multimeter to verify there is electrical continuity between your tail shaft and motor mount.

Thanks for the input,

I have the boom (aluminum) grounded. The rest of the tail assembly is all metal but I'll check for continuity from the tail shaft tonight and let you know. I even went as far as grounding the main shaft through a bearing but the issue still occurs. I'm a bit scared to fly this thing. Heli parts and soiled underwear are replaceable but the aftermath of rotorbaldes and flesh is pretty ugly!

Chris
CHRISGA1A is offline Find More Posts by CHRISGA1A
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, NJ, Plainsboro Township
Joined Aug 2009
213 Posts
Tarot 3.50 firmware flashed CX-3X1000 is working awesome on my Gaui 425! Just need to figure out how to flash the program box, Has anyone done this yet?
kgd1 is offline Find More Posts by kgd1
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:51 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgd1 View Post
Tarot 3.50 firmware flashed CX-3X1000 is working awesome on my Gaui 425! Just need to figure out how to flash the program box, Has anyone done this yet?
Nice install! I'm planning on converting mine at some stage. It looks like you've tucked the Rx under the tail servo. How are you holding it in?
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Quote:
awesome, i still have yet to attempt this. Have any tips or a walk through of your process/PC setup/issues/etc?
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Aug 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Nice install! I'm planning on converting mine at some stage. It looks like you've tucked the Rx under the tail servo. How are you holding it in?
Thanks! I used 3m 411 double-sided tape to attach metal plate to frame then 3m to attach rx to metal plate ( same way I mounted the gyro to bottom of frame)

Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
awesome, i still have yet to attempt this. Have any tips or a walk through of your process/PC setup/issues/etc?
Thanks to Beenflying for posted this:

Cross Flashing:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=621

Good luck!
Last edited by kgd1; Aug 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:53 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! I used 3m 411 double-sided tape to attach metal plate to frame then 3m to attach rx to metal plate ( same way I mounted the gyro to bottom of frame)
Good one. Thanks.

Your crossflashing post link is the displayed link. It should be:
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Good one. Thanks.

Your crossflashing post link is the displayed link. It should be:
The patched software (2.5) never connect to my CX. The John's software work perfect using COM port #3 with USB and also with BT.

I'll try cross Flash with John's Soft but no luck. Re-flashed using John's Soft and original CX bin and it's works.

please help

Costas
costasp is online now Find More Posts by costasp
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:37 AM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Quote:

Thanks to Beenflying for posted this:

Cross Flashing:

Good luck!
that link actually has the "..." in it, so just directs back to RCG homepage. Fixy please?
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Aug 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by costasp View Post
The patched software (2.5) never connect to my CX. The John's software work perfect using COM port #3 with USB and also with BT.

I'll try cross Flash with John's Soft but no luck. Re-flashed using John's Soft and original CX bin and it's works.

please help

Costas
I used Johns v1.22 software to cross flash my cx-3x1000 (silver edged) give that a try. Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
that link actually has the "..." in it, so just directs back to RCG homepage. Fixy please?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
I used Johns v1.22 software to cross flash my cx-3x1000 (silver edged) give that a try. Good Luck
I use 1.22v but no luck. Same cx (silver edged) get from ehirobo on January.

Thanks
Costas
costasp is online now Find More Posts by costasp
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Feb 2008
196 Posts
I've just switched over to a bluetooth connection for programming my controller.

Can anyone tell me whether it is is ok/safe to leave the BT unit connected to the controller and installed on the heli, or will this cause issues?

Thanks.
xpower180 is offline Find More Posts by xpower180
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,521 Posts
It's unlikely you'd have issues, but why would you add unnecessary weight and wiring?
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:24 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpower180 View Post
I've just switched over to a bluetooth connection for programming my controller.

Can anyone tell me whether it is is ok/safe to leave the BT unit connected to the controller and installed on the heli, or will this cause issues?

Thanks.
For 6g of weight, it's actually pretty cool, especially during the initial tuning phase. Lots of people with Vbars, mount them on the heli.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:59 AM
Joined Feb 2008
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
It's unlikely you'd have issues, but why would you add unnecessary weight and wiring?
I want a neat wiring job, with the option to tweak the settings as necessary.
The unit could be tucked away inside the frames yet still be easily connected to the PC software.

Quote:
For 6g of weight, it's actually pretty cool, especially during the initial tuning phase. Lots of people with Vbars, mount them on the heli.
Many thanks.
xpower180 is offline Find More Posts by xpower180