This is one beautiful plane.
carbow is offline Find More Posts by carbow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2014, 07:34 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,206 Posts
Be ready for left yaw with your right rudder. Once your tail comes up you can ease off the back pressure some and let her get up to speed. As big as she is she flies very light. Light on her feet to. I'd stay off the flaps for awhile and if you use them make it extremely small deflection. The motion RC vids of Hun Hunter use little to no flap. Check them out. You can see the yaw under power as well.
Best wishes
Ryan
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2014, 07:47 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Be ready for left yaw with your right rudder. Once your tail comes up you can ease off the back pressure some and let her get up to speed. As big as she is she flies very light. Light on her feet to. I'd stay off the flaps for awhile and if you use them make it extremely small deflection. The motion RC vids of Hun Hunter use little to no flap. Check them out. You can see the yaw under power as well.
Best wishes
Ryan
If you hold right though the climb out it's some much more scale. Guys need to learn to use the rudder all the time. Fly a heli it will make you some much smoother.

Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jul 04, 2014, 12:08 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2012
269 Posts
appreciated

Thanks for the information. Will pay attention to "left yaw" and my rudder input. I do fly helicopters. Started with them.
Last edited by carbow; Jul 07, 2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:11 AM
United States, IL, Elmhurst
Joined May 2013
207 Posts
Carbow,

I am new to this bird and one thing I will say is she will nose over quickly so I have had to take my time on take offs so as not to hit the prop.. On landings I only use mid flaps as she will slow down nicely. Believe it or not this big plane will flare and then come down hard so keep her level on landings and a little speed..

These are just my views and advise from my 10 or so flights so far, so take them with a grain of salt as i am sure other more experienced pilots will chime in..
ChiTownFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChiTownFlyer
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:43 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2012
269 Posts
thank you for your help

First flight went well. Take off and landing on our rough field was fine. Not much trim needed to get level flight. Early morning maiden was with no wind, club field empty, and no bugs. Concentrated on all the takeoff information (great stuff form here) and she flew without a hitch. Had a bigger grin on my face then when I first flew my Carbon-Z Cub.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:19 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Aug 2013
104 Posts
So I am considering this bird. I own the FMS FW-190 1400mm and really enjoy it. I probably have 30-40 flights on my 190 and I'd like to get a P-47. I have to be able to detach the wings so that leaves out the 1400mm (they really need to update the version to have detachable wings).

I plan on purchasing from Motion RC. One question I have is what is the length of each wing half?
colemn615 is offline Find More Posts by colemn615
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:30 PM
From the Ashes...
United States, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2013
26 Posts
Each wing half measures approx. 32.5 inches (826 mm).
55TBird is offline Find More Posts by 55TBird