HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2011, 04:44 PM
SMOOOOKKKKKKEEEE
USA, IN, Avon
Joined Aug 2007
164 Posts
Help!
3DHS 40" Edge vs. 42" Slick

Hey guys I am getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a new plane in the next few days from 3DHS. I was looking at the 40" Edge and 42" Slick but don't know what the major differences are. I am fairly experienced at 3d. I have a balsa brand x Edge that I have flown the past year and a half to learn. I can harrier upright and inverted, hover, knife edge spin, tumble, and flying knife edge pretty well. I am currently working on rolling harriers(I can roll to the right but not to the left) and torque rolling.

I talked my dad (Old Man) into getting the Edge but wanted to know which plane I would be better suited for and what are the differneces between the two are.

Thanks,
David
The Real Monson is online now Find More Posts by The Real Monson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2011, 04:50 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
If you already have experience in 3D the slick is a much easier plane to do it with. Its much smoother too. The edge is built tougher and looks alot smaller than the slick even though there is only 1 inch difference in wingspan. I will see if I can find the pics of both setting next to each other.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Feb 06, 2011, 09:30 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
597 Posts
I'd have to agree with buying the slick as well. With your experiece you will really enjoy it.
chq28 is offline Find More Posts by chq28
Old Feb 07, 2011, 06:22 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,175 Posts
I own both planes and the Slick is easier to fly and a more well rounded plane!
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Feb 07, 2011, 06:17 PM
SMOOOOKKKKKKEEEE
USA, IN, Avon
Joined Aug 2007
164 Posts
Thanks guys! I'll head over to the Slick thread since I have a few mire questions.

Losi - I found some pictures of the old 3DHS Edge next to the Slick. It looks quite a bit bigger
The Real Monson is online now Find More Posts by The Real Monson
Old Feb 07, 2011, 06:36 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
the purpose of the 41" Edge is to be a fun, easy, durable 3D fun-flyer. It's cheap, willing, fun, easy, and cheap.

the purpose of the 42" Slick is to be the highest performance aerobatic airplane in its size class in the world. It is more fragile, more demanding, and adds significant precision flight capability over the Edge.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
the purpose of the 41" Edge is to be a fun, easy, durable 3D fun-flyer. It's cheap, willing, fun, easy, and cheap.

the purpose of the 42" Slick is to be the highest performance aerobatic airplane in its size class in the world. It is more fragile, more demanding, and adds significant precision flight capability over the Edge.
+1!

I get to abuse the edge later this week(servos showed up today for it)! I abuse the 42 slick almost every day
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic