Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by brettrotor
Joined Mar 2014
17 Posts
Question
What would I gain by going from Predator v2 to Attitude v3?

I'm considering getting a set of attitude v3s with a facemask. I've noticed that they have the same resolution as the predators. Will I see much of an improvement in picture quality? I like the idea of the faceplate and IPD adjustment, but it won't be worth it without a major improvement in image quality.
brettrotor is offline Find More Posts by brettrotor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by karyi
Not-so-typical girl pilot...
Joined Oct 2015
694 Posts
LOL.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post33271513
karyi is offline Find More Posts by karyi
Old Nov 24, 2015, 04:44 PM
Joined Mar 2014
17 Posts
I've seen that thread but it didn't seen to really apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyi View Post
Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
1,413 Posts
Larger FOV, modular support (with more channels) and headtracker.
Julezwatts is online now Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:26 PM
Joined Mar 2014
17 Posts
Can anyone comment on the comparison in picture quality between the predators and the new attitudes?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by karyi
Not-so-typical girl pilot...
Joined Oct 2015
694 Posts
I think I heard that the new attitudes use dominator v2 optics.
Correct me if im wrong.
karyi is offline Find More Posts by karyi
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettrotor View Post
Can anyone comment on the comparison in picture quality between the predators and the new attitudes?
Well, you'll find the picture quality about the same. I believe, according to specs sheets for both goggles, that the predators actually have a slightly higher resolution than the attitudes.

However, that resolution difference isn't going to really be noticeable. What WILL be different is the FOV, and that WILL affect your picture quality. Since the FOV on the attitudes is larger than the predators, you will notice the badness of a bad camera more, and you'll notice the goodness of a good camera more, since there's more screen for you to look at. If you haven't necessarily got a good camera, the Attitudes will just make you realize the badness of that camera more. However, if you have a pretty good camera you'll enjoy the goodness more because there's more for your eyes to take in size- wise.

If you want my personal opinion OVERALL, I would say that the Attitudes are a good step up from the Predators. You get a larger field of view (While not getting increased resolution), but you also get access to more video channels, headtracking capability, modular vrx support as well as a more sleek goggle form factor. If your main focus is on the screen resolution, and the form factor, headtracker, and channel options are simply nice 'side dishes', I would advise either staying with your predators or looking into the Dominator line as an upgrade.
Julezwatts is online now Find More Posts by Julezwatts