Old Jun 12, 2014, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by gordynic
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
280 Posts
Discussion
GWS kits in the UK

Good Evening Guys,
this afternoon an order for a small number of original GWS EPS model kits has been confirmed by Chen at GWS and will be starting its long journey over to the UK, probably next Wednesday. The journey time will take around 30 days so should be available in about 5-6 weeks. The kits I have ordered are Tiger moths, spitfire , Me 109, P51, F4U, Zero,Islander, A10 (x2), C47(x4), Cargotrans twin (x2), P38 (x2), and 1 x F15I also being sent are a small number of AT6 cowls , and cowls for P40. This is a toe in the water for me, I will have 35 kits for sale, the prices will obviously be a little more than they were in the past, but I am trying to keep prices as low as possible, the shipping costs are pretty horendous, I also don't want to be left with a load of kits that cannot be sold and cluttering up my workroom. I will be offering these for sale first to people on this group then to local model flying clubs in this area. any that are not selling will be sold on a popular auction website. As I said , a toe in the water, if they sell I will bring a second shipment
These unfortunately will be available only in UK, I cannot send overseas

regards

Gordon
gordynic is offline Find More Posts by gordynic
Last edited by gordynic; Jun 17, 2014 at 06:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:29 AM
Find More Posts by 6months
cornwall,near england
Joined Jun 2007
125 Posts
PM Inbound
6months is offline Find More Posts by 6months
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:51 AM
Find More Posts by 6months
cornwall,near england
Joined Jun 2007
125 Posts
I was out flying yesterday evening and thought i wish i still had my old GWS Corsair.It really did tick all the boxes,flew like it was on rails,just chuck it in the car,cheap gear inside,looked really good in the air.I'm so pleased you're bringing these kits to the UK.I really dont know what GWS are on not having a UK dealer,but heyho what do i know about business.I did look into shipping a couple of kits over but the postage kicked that idea into the weeds. Are the ones you're shipping over slope gliders or powered? Sean.....
6months is offline Find More Posts by 6months
Old Jun 13, 2014, 04:31 AM
Find More Posts by jem6669
United Kingdom, England, Stockport
Joined Sep 2007
35 Posts
Pm sent. Are there no formosas left Gordon? Sure they would sell really well.
Jem
jem6669 is offline Find More Posts by jem6669
Old Jun 13, 2014, 06:33 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
280 Posts
All the kits I'll be bringing in are the original EPS kits with the brushed motor units, with the exception of the P38 which have the brushless motors as does the F15, I was trying to get Formosas, but I'll have to contact Chen again to find out if they will become available again
Old Nov 16, 2015, 03:42 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
280 Posts
Good Morning All, from a very wet and windy Scotland. I am swithering as to whether to go ahead with a further order early next year. there are two reasons , 1. I am soon to retire and want to spend more time with my classic hymer motorhome( not just preparing her for use , but using her much more often than the 4 weeks I can every year up until now) and 2. I think the UK market for the kits has reached a saturation point, everyone , like myself, who was craving a GWS model now has one and it is starting to go the same way J Perkins and Steve Webb models went..... We have been pretty sucessful , we (Mount Frost Imports) brought in over 70 kits and bits and bobs, and there are only 8 left (some have been preordered) for sale, these will go pretty soon I am sure, but as I have said, everyone who was craving a GWS kit now has one,
The most asked for kits, the Formosa mk 1, and the Tigermoth 400s, are not now available, I did look into getting a collection of Formosa mk2 spare (wings fuselage parts etc.)and selling them as semi kits, but there wasn't any interest, and it really isn't viable ayway,
As I said , If there is any REAL interest here and elsewhere I will consider a final shipment, so you can contact me here with a wish list, and if it is realistic, I may go ahead
Still available are P40s ( can't understand why such a good plane isn't popular over here) FW190s, AT6, and Islanders) interested, contact me here or at mountfrostimports@aol.com

with regards

Gordon
Last edited by gordynic; Nov 16, 2015 at 03:48 AM.