HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scott jane, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:37 PM
United States, TN, La Vergne
Joined Mar 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
Summer job for the kids

Between work and life, I have been too busy to sell offmy unused rc stuff. My daughter 14and son 12 have provided a great sollution. My daughter posts the ads and my son and I work the shipping. They each earn 25% for their part in the work. I will say I am getting a schooling about shipping.. some is easy and some is not. Usps is very confusing giving different quotes on the same item.... but I will learn it I think. I believe in the future we will see a need for family business in order to succeed in the world, hope they are getting real life learning in the process. Plus it gets my daughter interested inmy hobby.... and spendi g time with dad.... well worth the 50%...... They are my gems.

my .02 worth....
scott jane is offline Find More Posts by scott jane
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:23 PM
United States, AR, El Dorado
Joined Jan 2014
26 Posts
summer jobs for our kids

if not for our children, where would our troubled hobby go? I have only step children, to old to appreciate or care. I do, however, have grand children. i'll be damned if they don't at least have the opportunity to make their own choice on this hobby. i'll be fine if they are not interested. but it gets to be their choice.
joseph1266 is offline Find More Posts by joseph1266
Old Jul 22, 2014, 06:34 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
1,895 Posts
Make sure you use PayPal mailing, the price is much lower thru PayPal in my experiences.
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member