Old May 12, 2014, 09:03 AM
merin
United States, OH, Dublin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Help!
Broke motor mount of mini swift

Hello Guys,
I have been enjoying my mini swift for a while now, and its a great plane which is my 1st plane. But last week end i got the motor mount broke, and tried to fix it by CA no help. And can't get to buy one separate, i can see only as part of replacement fuse. Can anyone please suggest me to get the plane fixed?

thanks,
merin
merin_83 is offline Find More Posts by merin_83
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2014, 09:56 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,107 Posts
did you break it again or used the wrong CA? non foam-safe CA will melt the foam and hence hurt rather than help.

post some pics. better yet, find the dedicated mini swift thread here on RCG and post pics there too.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 12, 2014, 12:57 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
did you break it again or used the wrong CA? non foam-safe CA will melt the foam and hence hurt rather than help.

post some pics. better yet, find the dedicated mini swift thread here on RCG and post pics there too.
i had both regular and foam safe CA, but this time I applied the regular one, as the part which sticks to the foam is till good and intact. But the place where the screw of motor goes thru mount got cracked. So it dropped out like a small circular piece at center. I will post the pics when I get home today. And please let me know the dedicated thread.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:05 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
here are the photos
Old May 13, 2014, 12:19 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,107 Posts
the 3rd pic seems to show it best. looks like your firewall is cracked. i doubt CA will fix that. if anything, epoxy should hold that thing together but i don't know for how long. i use JB Weld and that stuff is pretty much the strongest you will find.

i'm not sure where the dedicated thread for your plane is located. you should search for it using the "Search" function on the very top menu bar of this page (next to "Places", "More").
Old May 19, 2014, 10:04 AM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
I tried some home made mount with a left out of sim card pack... and some ca and hot glue. .. it works perfect....
Old May 19, 2014, 10:43 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,107 Posts
very nice. and looks like you got the thrust angle too.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:25 AM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
very nice. and looks like you got the thrust angle too.
Yes, initially I thought it might be a little off, but yesterday i had 2 batteries of flight, it was gr8 !!, you know i was this close to ordering a new plane like spirit where it has a pusher motor config.