HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinghy View Post
Easier way to could also be to look at the pics posted by some here that have already removed the Gnd plane wire.
Thanks, but I was more interested in general (not brand/receiver specific) determination, as Mmon and you explained.

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
Cap'n
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Dec 2013
121 Posts
1S ESC that works with Lemon 6 ch ?

After much research, study, purchases and experimentation.....

I can not find a BRUSHED motor 1 S, 2-4 amp ESC to use with these really cool, light, and reliable Lemon RX's,
for use with the Ultra Micro 1S, 8.4 mm motors like the HZ Champ, PZ T-28, PZ P-51 motors.
(not to mention the 8mm, NineEagles SP/SX and new Micro Motor Warehouse motors...that are even better !)

The size, weight, and design of the Lemon 6ch RX's ...screams for just such an ESC.

The HZ/PZ Ultra Mico planes have a HUGH followning and customer base.
The relpacement 'Brick' for these planes is $59-$69 usd.
Even used, they command $25 - $40, as replacement parts........(no guarantee)

The Lemon 6ch RX is a perfect replacement RX for these 'bricks'......

...AND, would be a perfect, affordable, substitute for these 'bricks' for the scratch-built communtiy, for thier projects.

EXCEPT.... I can find no 2-4amp ESC that will work with the Lemon 6ch RX, for the brushed motors listed above.

If someone knows of a 'brushed motor' ESC that will work in the above listed situatations, Please post them here.
(( the $ 9.95, Hobby King HK-BR3A, does not work... Puts short across batt...causes LVC, motor cuts out at 1/2, or less, throttle)) :mad

Wish I had the knowledge/skills to design such an ESC....but alas....not the case.
I do have enough understanding that such an ESC,, can't be that far from reality.
The HZ/PZ bricks accomplish this task (esc function) on a circuit board smaller than the Lemon RX,
and also holds two linear servos.
That 'brick' mounted ESC, has no trouble handling the esc needs of these 8 mm motors.

Lemon, FMAK, if no one else has done it... Could you and Lemon RX please consider designing such an ESC ?

Your company has done an outstanding job filling the need for small light RX's, and Stabilized rx's and satalites, and even, now, DSMX RX's.....
Please design a 1S, brushed motor, 3+ amp, ESC that we can use with your amazing Recievers !

Thank-you.
Dinghy is online now Find More Posts by Dinghy
Last edited by Dinghy; Yesterday at 10:19 PM.
Old Today, 05:35 AM
I can fix that!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Wait ... wait. Thanks for the great inputs from both of you, but before you depart this discussion I have a simple question for you experts: In general, looking at a Ground Plane antenna/receiver, how do I determine which is the antenna and which is the ground?

Reason I ask is because I understand from Lemon that the ground can be removed resulting just a little (5-10%) loss. Important for me in small aircraft installation.

Thanks.

Gene K
I tested continuity looking for ground plane on the 6 channel receiver back here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3287
doug.wagner is online now Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Old Today, 06:53 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner View Post
I tested continuity looking for ground plane on the 6 channel receiver back here...
Thanks, Doug. John and fmak2 helped me sort out that particular receiver many, many moons ago. I was looking for a determination method to apply to any grounded receiver. Tuens out to be a pretty simple DUH.

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Today, 12:52 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,341 Posts
@dinghy

The radios work fine when powered with 1s, so that's the easy part.

It might be possible to make a brushed controller using a board from a scrap servo. Add a mosfet of needed amps.

OT for here, start a thread on DIY electronic section, bet there will be creative ideas.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot