HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Why is everyone complaining about no AS3X. I mean I like it on the smaller stuff like my Mig and Beast, but this is bigger, heavier, and faster. AS3X is not needed. The FunFighters from Sky Angel are the same size. In fact my Rare Bear had a 24" wing span where this is 26". Wind didn't bother it.

No offense, but let go of the crutch and start learning to really fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
People are just never satisfied. Looks great to me.

J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Yes!!! Exactly!! I've flown this size in e flight zero no problems with wind!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
because besides needing planes that come built and ready to fly...... alot of people want planes that can fly themselves too....or at least come close....
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
I agree.......learn to fly
You all beat me to this!
I have the Sbach V1 and S3D, and I have to say for me the only reason to fly the as3x is in big winds... and I never fly in 20mph constant winds... I hate the wind and don't even care to fly.. and in lower winds 5-8mph it's no big deal without it, and in 10-12mph winds it gives me a challenge to learn and fly better
second I prefer my V1 over the S3D because I feel like I'm flying vs the computer.. as3x feels kinda mechanical vs smooth and real in my finger tips on my DX6i

so back to this 540
I love it and want it!!!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
I actually thought the V1 Beast was better as well. Wish I wouldn't have sold it.

Liking this more and more. I just convinced wifey that I'm buying the 74" Edge 540 from 3DHS and the KMX from PA..... Wonder if she'll notice this one too......
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:10 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,059 Posts
Quote:
I actually thought the V1 Beast was better as well. Wish I wouldn't have sold it.

Liking this more and more. I just convinced wifey that I'm buying the 74" Edge 540 from 3DHS and the KMX from PA..... Wonder if she'll notice this one too......
It's soooo little!!! She prob won't notice!! :-O
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,175 Posts
Quote:

Those 3DHS ans PA planes are nice

kinda want a Slick
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:20 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
For those commenting on the video, it was flown by Colton Clark, not Quique. He did a great job!
Now, that does explain some things!!! I was sure it was QQ, so I was expecting the Knife Edges to be touching the ground! I think Colton is not used to fly such small airplanes so I think he kept it up too high . Overall look (plus the fact that his KE was not dead perfect) was giving me the impression that the airplane was twitchy so he was keeping it higher for some reason (wind?). That's why I wanted AS3X...

Dave, you need to show me your videos before you put them online!!! I'm one of your best customer (I like your stuff soooo much), but you last videos are less than perfect!

I know you're using prototypes to make them, but in the HorizonHobby.com On the Horizon 10-25-12, after only viewing it once, I noticed the antenna problem in the Edge, I would also have told you to do a second take when Mike is catching the Mini Vapor because the battery is getting loose (not something Vapor owners like to see, even if it was a high speed catch), and the paint job on the Red Bull heli at 11:38 is only so-so ( I would have told you to wait until you get a final version because it's not on par with your released products.)

Yes, I know, we want videos quick and you do your best to feed us, but hey, next time, you send me the video before release, and I'll make sure it look as great as your products do in real life. You may also want to send me the aircrafts from each videos, so I can test them myself, just in case! My wallet would be sooooo happy!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,175 Posts
do we see anywhere when this one is going to be out?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:45 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
do we see anywhere when this one is going to be out?
Eflite web site. November!

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdId=EFL6250
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,175 Posts
thanks
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:

kinda want a Slick
It's hard to beat a Slick. I've got the 42" Slick and the 51" Slick and I'm in the process of putting together a 70" Slick. The 57" extra is also ridiculously good.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,059 Posts
Quote:

kinda want a Slick
+1 here too!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
was hoping today but the box that turned up was the "PZ Mini Vapour" still a cool little plane but i must admit i was hoping it would of been the Edge 540

maybe they have not got one yet to give me or they feel i am not worthy

no matter what i'll try to get one if i can as i too really like the look of this plane

cheers chuck
Hey Chuck!

I haven't been on RCG too much lately. I'm bad about alternating between hobbies, and I've been hitting the dirtbike pretty hard the last 6 months or so. Anyways, I thought they had quit giving you sneak peeks at the planes. Around the time of the Polecat release or so? It looks like things have turned around, though! That's good news!

PS-The micro vapor looks pretty cool, too!
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,734 Posts
Quote:
You all beat me to this!
I have the Sbach V1 and S3D, and I have to say for me the only reason to fly the as3x is in big winds... and I never fly in 20mph constant winds... I hate the wind and don't even care to fly.. and in lower winds 5-8mph it's no big deal without it, and in 10-12mph winds it gives me a challenge to learn and fly better
second I prefer my V1 over the S3D because I feel like I'm flying vs the computer.. as3x feels kinda mechanical vs smooth and real in my finger tips on my DX6i

so back to this 540
I love it and want it!!!
Can I join your club. I have both Sbachs also, along with Beast V1, mig and CC and have yet to become bowled over by the as3x system. Sounds like I'm with you with the wind thing, I don't even consider flying anything in 20 mph winds, it's just not fun for me. And last year when I first started this stuff I wouldn't fly in 12 or so with anything. I've gotten past that now and find my V1 beast and Sbach are just fine in 10 mph or so and 8 or under is just not considered anything more than calm. And I have tried the as3x planes in 15-20 mph and they were not fun for me at all. Maybe if I was an expert things might be different, but I don't think so. I know some really great rc pilots and none of them I fly with even bother going to the field when wind is in 15-20 mph range. Wind aside, there are a few things that as3x makes me look better than I am with, but there are also times when it seems to have a mind of it's own and I'm not sure if I'm flying the plane or it is. I sometimes think I like it, then if I get to thinking too hard I feel that maybe I'd be better off to just learn to fly better and forget it exists.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Can I join your club. I have both Sbachs also, along with Beast V1, mig and CC and have yet to become bowled over by the as3x system. Sounds like I'm with you with the wind thing, I don't even consider flying anything in 20 mph winds, it's just not fun for me. And last year when I first started this stuff I wouldn't fly in 12 or so with anything. I've gotten past that now and find my V1 beast and Sbach are just fine in 10 mph or so and 8 or under is just not considered anything more than calm. And I have tried the as3x planes in 15-20 mph and they were not fun for me at all. Maybe if I was an expert things might be different, but I don't think so. I know some really great rc pilots and none of them I fly with even bother going to the field when wind is in 15-20 mph range. Wind aside, there are a few things that as3x makes me look better than I am with, but there are also times when it seems to have a mind of it's own and I'm not sure if I'm flying the plane or it is. I sometimes think I like it, then if I get to thinking too hard I feel that maybe I'd be better off to just learn to fly better and forget it exists.
to me about the only thing the as3x does wow me at is the all day long KE
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:22 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post
Hey Chuck!
Anyways, I thought they had quit giving you sneak peeks at the planes. Around the time of the Polecat release or so? It looks like things have turned around, though! That's good news!

PS-The micro vapor looks pretty cool, too!
Ahh what your thinking is the way Australia got the release a day before you guys and i was releasing the info first, well thats what changed, i still get the planes to do reviews i just don't have a clue whats coming till HH release first. I knew i was getting something this Friday but did not have any idea what it was till HH released the planes about 3pm Thursday Australian time then i was hoping it would be the Edge 540 but alas it was the Mini Vapor, still a very nice little indoor plane. I asked about the Edge and they do not have a sample for me yet so it looks like i might get one sometime this is one plane i really want to try
oh and for us Aussies i was told it could be January before we see them here

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:23 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,059 Posts
Quote:
to me about the only thing the as3x does wow me at is the all day long KE
It does make knife edges easy,,, but isn't it a little like a crutch then?? :-)