Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
Will a 1300 mah lipo and the stock ESC power a Hobby King Orange/Spektrum receiver and the stock servos without a problem or should I upgrade the ESC, if so to what?

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:39 PM
Waypoint Collector
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery View Post
There is 40 grams in the nose glued in. It's a bitch to remove...

I removed and am using a 2s 2200 Mah in the nose..., Perfect CG!
Are you talking about the FMS Easy Trainer 1280? There was no nose weight in mine...
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:44 PM
Waypoint Collector
Joined Feb 2012
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Will a 1300 mah lipo and the stock ESC power a Hobby King Orange/Spektrum receiver and the stock servos without a problem or should I upgrade the ESC, if so to what?

Thank you!
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I used a FlySky/Turnigy in mine with the stock ESC for a while.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:26 PM
Joined Oct 2012
12 Posts
Whats up everyone..havent chatted in here in a while...still lovin my 1280. Got her flying perfect. I can throw it around and do pretty much whatever i want. Xcept aliron rolls. Thinking of cutting tha wings at tha decal. To take out dihedral.or polihedral...has anyone tried this to make plane roll better? Havent flown in 3 weeks weather here sucks right nw.
donjuanob1979 is offline Find More Posts by donjuanob1979
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:36 PM
Waypoint Collector
Joined Feb 2012
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuanob1979 View Post
Whats up everyone..havent chatted in here in a while...still lovin my 1280. Got her flying perfect. I can throw it around and do pretty much whatever i want. Xcept aliron rolls. Thinking of cutting tha wings at tha decal. To take out dihedral.or polihedral...has anyone tried this to make plane roll better? Havent flown in 3 weeks weather here sucks right nw.
Swammy1979 did just what you're thinking of a little while back.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=103

I believe it was much more aerobatic. It'll also have higher wing loading, so it won't be as floaty.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNug View Post
Are you talking about the FMS Easy Trainer 1280? There was no nose weight in mine...

Yah. To get to it, I had to actually cut open the fuse in the front.

You can't even see it! I have the RTF, not the kit of PNF. Getting the RTF was kinda pointless, because I don't even use the battery, and I literally gave away the transmitter WITH FREE SHIPPING on the forums. Shoulda gotten the PNF. RTF was just for the transmitter and battery, cause it was only like an extra $15, and someone would get a $15 transmitter for free that works and is 2.4

I discovered it after I crashed and it split open. They super glued it in!

Yes, the FMS Easy Trainer 1280. I removed it so I can run a 2200 instead of a 1300.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Last edited by pilotavery; Dec 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
Crashmaster
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuanob1979 View Post
Tnug is correct. I lost a little bit of lift, but the flight characteristics were a much appreciated change. First off, a warning: removing the polyhedral (the part you are talking about) will remove the tendancy of the plane to self-correct. This is fine as long as you're ready for it. As for maneuvering, she will do much better rolls (there's a scientific reason which I won't bore you with). Overall I was very happy with that mod, it was a good progression.

I've since moved on to other birds after having a few mishaps on this one :'(
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:08 PM
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
I just found this forum. I've been flying a couple years. Have about half a dozen foam and balsa planes including a Bixler I really like. Generally I fly with a Futaba TRX/RX and tune the throws, expo's etc to the plane. My brother just got an FMS 1280 RTF. I thought it would be similar to my Bixler but our first experience has not been that good. Have about 5 flights on this, none very good. The first couple we experienced a lot of the issues early in this forum. Bad or sluggish response on the radio. Try to change direction and nothing happens for several seconds. My Bixler/Futaba is very responsive but the FMS can be much more sluggish responding to any inputs.

My question is: Based on many of the early comments on radio issues what have others done? We are trying to decide if we need to just yank the FMS TX/RX and put something else in. We have several older Futaba 72mhz that we can use. Or do we need to try more tweaking with radio, antenna position with the FMS RTF stuff. This plane has a lot of favorable comments but with our limited and bad experiences we don't have a lot of confidence right now. Just trying to understand if our difficulties are the plane, radio or pilot.
mpalexa is offline Find More Posts by mpalexa
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:44 PM
Waypoint Collector
Joined Feb 2012
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery View Post
Yah. To get to it, I had to actually cut open the fuse in the front.

You can't even see it! I have the RTF, not the kit of PNF. Getting the RTF was kinda pointless, because I don't even use the battery, and I literally gave away the transmitter WITH FREE SHIPPING on the forums. Shoulda gotten the PNF. RTF was just for the transmitter and battery, cause it was only like an extra $15, and someone would get a $15 transmitter for free that works and is 2.4

I discovered it after I crashed and it split open. They super glued it in!

Yes, the FMS Easy Trainer 1280. I removed it so I can run a 2200 instead of a 1300.
Hmm... I will have to go out to the garage and check the carcass - i mean fuselage. I crashed it pretty hard late last year after losing sight of it behind a tree line. Hasn't flown since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalexa View Post
I just found this forum. I've been flying a couple years. Have about half a dozen foam and balsa planes including a Bixler I really like. Generally I fly with a Futaba TRX/RX and tune the throws, expo's etc to the plane. My brother just got an FMS 1280 RTF. I thought it would be similar to my Bixler but our first experience has not been that good. Have about 5 flights on this, none very good. The first couple we experienced a lot of the issues early in this forum. Bad or sluggish response on the radio. Try to change direction and nothing happens for several seconds. My Bixler/Futaba is very responsive but the FMS can be much more sluggish responding to any inputs.

My question is: Based on many of the early comments on radio issues what have others done? We are trying to decide if we need to just yank the FMS TX/RX and put something else in. We have several older Futaba 72mhz that we can use. Or do we need to try more tweaking with radio, antenna position with the FMS RTF stuff. This plane has a lot of favorable comments but with our limited and bad experiences we don't have a lot of confidence right now. Just trying to understand if our difficulties are the plane, radio or pilot.
I bought mine RTF, but never flew with the stock radio. Still, I had a couple of similar episodes. (FlySky 9x) I eventually swapped out the ESC and moved to FrSky on the 9x radio (not purely for the drop outs though) Never had an issue again, but I didn't really try to isolate the problem. Not sure any of this helps you since I had a different radio, but maybe the stock ESC has a weak BEC and is prone to brown outs.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2013, 11:02 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
Will the FMS FHX 1280 take off from the ground on a smooth fine grass runway?

Thank you?
Old May 12, 2013, 12:05 PM
Crashmaster
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
Yes, but not very easily.
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Old Oct 26, 2013, 01:02 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
451 Posts
Hey guys, how does this FMS Easy Trainer fly compared to the Bixler? Anyone flown both? Looks like the easy trainer uses smaller battery so does that mean it is slower and less acrobatic?
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
Old Oct 26, 2013, 02:24 PM
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadzone View Post
Hey guys, how does this FMS Easy Trainer fly compared to the Bixler? Anyone flown both? Looks like the easy trainer uses smaller battery so does that mean it is slower and less acrobatic?
Read my post # 278. There is no comparison. My brother still can't get the Easy Trainer to fly very well.
mpalexa is offline Find More Posts by mpalexa
Old Oct 26, 2013, 02:48 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalexa View Post
Read my post # 278. There is no comparison. My brother still can't get the Easy Trainer to fly very well.
It sounds like all of your complaints about Easy Trainer are with the radio/receiver. I'm planning to get ARF for either Bixler or Easy Trainer so that won't be an issue. Any comments on which flies better?
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
Old Oct 26, 2013, 02:52 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
My Easy Trainer flies great, I'm using a Hobby King receiver.