HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by out of stock View Post
Why's this thread so dead? Should i not get this model?
I'm guessing that everything that is needed to upgrade this model has been done but as for the model I put my old one through 180 hard aerobatic flights first upgrading the servos to savox and then putting in an eflite power 46 she was one if my fav models but a couple weeks ago after 180 great flights with only one fairly hard landing I was thinking its probably a good time to retire her and get a new one as she has been out in the sun but as luck would have it the very next flight I rolled inverted straight after take off like I have done countless times before and for some unknown reason I pulled instead of pushed and slammed her in destroying her but as soon as I had picked up everything I went straight to my phone and ordered another one with out a second though that's how great this model is
It's not perfect but delivered to aus for under $200 she is brilliant
So far I have not upgraded anything after 15 flights but I think I will drop my savox servos in all around for starters just to be safe although the oem servos have worked perfect I just want piece of mind and then if the magnets detach in the motor ill drop the power 46 in
To be honest it's such great value that after Xmas I'm considering buying another one just to put away for a rainy day
It's not perfect but for the price I'm more than happy to upgrade her
iceaxe is offline Find More Posts by iceaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:06 AM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaxe View Post
To be honest it's such great value that after Xmas I'm considering buying another one just to put away for a rainy day
Yea I'm thinking about doing the same, other than the new 540QQ from e-flite, no other new planes are jumping out at me, I like this one so much might as well purchase one as a backup since no parts are available.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,865 Posts
awesome details. does anyone have a picture of it with the cowl removed? be great to look at he mount etc.

hows the stock speedy? will it handle the p46 on 5s stock prop? (should i swap props?)
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
Last edited by out of stock; Nov 13, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
iceaxe: What prop are you using with the stock motor?
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,865 Posts
yeah whats the best prop choice for the stock motor/esc/4s? i'm not going 5s. 4s is good.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:25 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,251 Posts
Quote:
yeah whats the best prop choice for the stock motor/esc/4s? i'm not going 5s. 4s is good.
I use a wooden 14X8 from HK
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
I purchase my props from headsuprc. Fast shipping and great service. THey have 14 x 8.5. Will this work?

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-x-8.5E/Detail

Are wood props better?
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:56 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,356 Posts
Quote:
awesome details. does anyone have a picture of it with the cowl removed? be great to look at he mount etc.

hows the stock speedy? will it handle the p46 on 5s stock prop? (should i swap props?)
Here ya go!

Its the standard style FMS motor mount. Its aprox 40mm from the firewall in length. If your going to put in a 46 probably some ply and the x-mount would be the easiest install.

I mainly have been on a 1400mm warbird kick all summer, but the Sbach caught my eye so its in the hangar. I wanted an acrobatic plane with fixed gear for the winter (retracts in the teen temps tend to misbehave).

Its good to hear its a great airframe.
pullup! is online now Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,865 Posts
hendrnk, thank you. i'll get this one. what advantages does wood props have over apc props?

pullup, i really appreciate you posting the photos i requested. i have a few questions.

is it true the motor mount comes loose from factory?

how has your stock motor held up? threw any magnets?

the p46 isn't a direct bolt on so that means i need to mount a wood ply on the mount and bolt the x-plate onto the wood ply yes? (this is IF i decide to swap motors)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,865 Posts
can somebody tell me what bigger wheels i can get for this plane? thanks
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:58 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,251 Posts
Quote:
hendrnk, thank you. i'll get this one. what advantages does wood props have over apc props?

pullup, i really appreciate you posting the photos i requested. i have a few questions.

is it true the motor mount comes loose from factory?

how has your stock motor held up? threw any magnets?

the p46 isn't a direct bolt on so that means i need to mount a wood ply on the mount and bolt the x-plate onto the wood ply yes? (this is IF i decide to swap motors)

To be honest I cannot tell the difference. It looks nice and I read somewhere it was better.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:07 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
can somebody tell me what bigger wheels i can get for this plane? thanks
out of stock, check my post no. 1212 for a list of my mods which include a 2.75" wheel replacement. It dropped in with no issues.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:19 AM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
out of stock, check my post no. 1212 for a list of my mods which include a 2.75" wheel replacement. It dropped in with no issues.
I had a set of the low bounce 2.75 with out a home, first mod I did after reading your mod post.

Out of stock, have not flew mine as of yet so I can't comment on the magnets.
pullup! is online now Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:14 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullup! View Post
I had a set of the low bounce 2.75 with out a home, first mod I did after reading your mod post.

Out of stock, have not flew mine as of yet so I can't comment on the magnets.
Glad it helped

Re: the motor magnet, I'd go over them with a glue that can take the temperature. My magnets fell out a couple of weeks back, and when I reglued them the plane would fly but with a ton of noise. It's currently grounded while I figure things out.

Edit: out of stock, check also joselu's post at 1204, it sets out a long list of parts that have been tried with this bird.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:00 AM
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
Right now I have a 13/7 on her as I haven't had a chance to get to lhs but stock on my old one I used a 14/8 but on the power 46 I ran a zoar 15/8 wooden prop
For now I'm going to try a 14/7 on the stick motor until it throws a magnet then I will drop the power 46 back in
In regards to the mounting I used the stock mount just carefully redrilled it to the bolt pattern for the eflite motor
Was easy to do but due to the power 46 being slightly longer the spinner back plate did come away from the cowl by 5 mm I think
I did post some pics about 5 months ago on the mounting
Haven't really had a good go on my new one as its been windy so only have 5 flights on her
Going to swap out the servos for savox in sat but that's just purely for my own piece if mind as I hate the thought of loosing a couple hundred dollars of model because I used $2 servos
iceaxe is offline Find More Posts by iceaxe