Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:25 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Dragon Link guys should be bending backwards. People are paying good money for it.

If I'm spending $265 of my hard earned money, I expect, at the very least, is good customer service.
In some ways yes, other ways no. The fact that you can come into this thread and speak directly to the main players in the development and supply of this product is excellent ... even if there is a wait at times. Unfortunately they appear to spread a little thin when it comes to keeping up. Customer service comes at a cost. I'm sure these guys would employ a customer service, manual update, shipping notification person if the margins for the product were substantially higher to justify the cost.
It's a bit like hobbyking ... sure the prices are cheap, and I shop there regularly (way too regularly), but if you want warranty, support, backup, technical information, personal service ... forget it. Will I stop buying from there ... NO way.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
Binding Stuff

Would it be safe to assume that after binding, that your DL Tx will only speak to your DL Rx and nobody elses Rx?

And is the same true for your DL Rx? After binding will your DL Rx only communicate with your DL Tx and no other 433Mhz transmitters?
altidude100 is offline Find More Posts by altidude100
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,274 Posts
Yes..After binding it only works with its TX
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,274 Posts
But it could be overlaoded from another transmitter that operating near by
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Dec 2010
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
In some ways yes, other ways no. The fact that you can come into this thread and speak directly to the main players in the development and supply of this product is excellent ... even if there is a wait at times. Unfortunately they appear to spread a little thin when it comes to keeping up. Customer service comes at a cost. I'm sure these guys would employ a customer service, manual update, shipping notification person if the margins for the product were substantially higher to justify the cost.
It's a bit like hobbyking ... sure the prices are cheap, and I shop there regularly (way too regularly), but if you want warranty, support, backup, technical information, personal service ... forget it. Will I stop buying from there ... NO way.
Yeah...it pretty much comes down to the free market... NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BUY DRAGONLINK.... after reading this thread and all the mess...I still ended up buying it...1 because its fair priced....2 it is proven.... Now if DL was that terrible the market would weed the company out fairly quickly...You can pay for other UHF if you dont like it...sucks I know but its life... Now that I post this I pray to god that I dont ever have to send anything in for warranty lol...
hawaiitaco is offline Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply to my question. Does anyone know why my receiver came with a jumper between the signal pins on channels 5 and 6? Do i need this?
AutoPilotOn is offline Find More Posts by AutoPilotOn
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
This is not about the company allowing you to speak directly to the manufacturer....bottom line is its a very small business in terms of economics. with this comes owners being the main support line. cant cope due to low margins....tells you something....it doesnt work as a business with the margins your accepting. not the customers fault and should never be...but months after being promised this and promised that for better support...its right back to where it was....no support with no channels outside of the forum for support. if there was channels outside the forum for support it wouldnt have complaints here

if it wasnt for this forum and its users DL would have been long weeded out....the only reason people remain is because generous users on the forum give up their time to help people instead of DL themselves helping.

thank goodness for this forum and the help it gives everyone
rsands2801 is offline Find More Posts by rsands2801
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:54 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPilotOn View Post
Thanks for the reply to my question. Does anyone know why my receiver came with a jumper between the signal pins on channels 5 and 6? Do i need this?
That is for calibrating... You leav it on and power the RX when your TX is in calibrate mode. It makes sure DL is running at its best.
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Custom All in one 1.3ghz RX
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
That is for calibrating... You leav it on and power the RX when your TX is in calibrate mode. It makes sure DL is running at its best.
Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
What radio are you using? Hopefully not spektrum. After reading all the UHF threads it seems everyone has problems with spektrum. I know it sucks to have problems, but you will find the issue.
My station is a Flysky er9x and no problems with my dragon link v1, everything works fine until I put the new dragon link v2tx I'm having this problem, in my area most people use the same computer and none have this problem, is the first time I encounter this, it seems very strange.
Thanks for your interest, about what is being discussed Mike understand that being overwhelmed by this and I know that the intention is to improve the product dragonlabs as much as possible, in this world there is much competition but I think by far that cheapen the product with other similar brands almost identical product, showing interest in improving dragonlabs makes the difference over other, they just need to improve product support technically the problems that inevitably arise.
I am a happy user of dragon link a while and never had a problem with no solution, I hope that it is quite rare that repo is resolved soon.
carnisser is offline Find More Posts by carnisser
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:19 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
carnisser, are you actually having failsafes or just going on Rssi, rssi is not always accurate and depends how your osd reads it and if you calibrated the osd to rssi.
Also 2 meters is not a range test, needs to be 20 meters at least
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Do I need to use dragon OSD to view the RSSI ? I use eagle tree OSD. Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
Work less, fly more!
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Aug 2012
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I for one am really happy with my DragonLink. Some of you guys need to learn a bit of patience. Try buying chinese gear ... something goes wrong, or you have a problem ... who are you going to talk to??? Responses may be a little sporadic here but the product is VERY good, the responses and answers DO come, the product DOES get delivered, the seller DOES stand by his product. As for the manual, load cap, led sequences ... a bit of common sense goes a long way ... and listen / read what Mike and Chris have said in regard to the same question for the 100th time.
Do I recommend the DL ... yes I do.

Mark
do i recomend DL also, YES
angry is offline Find More Posts by angry
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPilotOn View Post
Do I need to use dragon OSD to view the RSSI ? I use eagle tree OSD. Thanks
Eagle tree works with dragon link rssi.. You use one of the temp ports
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer View Post
carnisser, are you actually having failsafes or just going on Rssi, rssi is not always accurate and depends how your osd reads it and if you calibrated the osd to rssi.
Also 2 meters is not a range test, needs to be 20 meters at least
the fail safes are real, in flight video post but I have not really there are times when the RSSI drops to 0 for half a second and the receiver stops sending the osd ppm active so the osd fail in half a second, then quickly recovers 50% of RSSI, I did that test at low power with short antenna and the signal from 50% to 6.5 km is normal and good for my position on the ground, with the same equipment setup using the v1 did not have this problem, no rx fault because I've tried it with several and all is the same, I am sure that the fault is in the issuer ranging output power and has intermittent fast descents.
Range tests using the above 40 steps micropower
carnisser is offline Find More Posts by carnisser