Feb 24, 2011, 08:27 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
To all on this Thread--especially Tim from Quantum Hobby...my sincere apologies. I in no way intended to denigrate Quantum Hobby in my past comments... I am certain QH is an outstanding store and wish to make my next purchase there. I realize we need to support our LHS as much as possible, whenever possible to make access to the great products this hobby offers that much easier.

All the best to Tim and his employees at Quantum Hobby.

Sincerely,
Jason T (aka jpt1205)

Now--CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS MOSSIE IN HAND!! BRING ON THE PICS AND VIDS!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2011, 08:50 PM
TMO
TMO
Thanks Jason
Credit to you- way more than you needed to say. But appreciated.
Sincere thanks,
-Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205
To all on this Thread--especially Tim from Quantum Hobby...my sincere apologies. I in no way intended to denigrate Quantum Hobby in my past comments... I am certain QH is an outstanding store and wish to make my next purchase there. I realize we need to support our LHS as much as possible, whenever possible to make access to the great products this hobby offers that much easier.

Sincerely,
Jason T (aka jpt1205)

Feb 24, 2011, 09:21 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205

Sincerely,
Jason T (aka jpt1205)

Quantum is great...I have ordered from them before great shipping no problems. Next order of parts will be from them again!
Feb 24, 2011, 09:25 PM
My LHS has 10 coming in the morning at 10:30AM and my name is on the list. I can't wait to see what this puppy does.
Feb 24, 2011, 11:51 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv
I'm in West Central near Rosetown. As I often say, like many (most?) areas in SK, it's a lovely place to be from.

As much as I like seeing Edmonton, seeing as it's minus one thousand here again I think I'll let Canada Post bring the Mosquito to me at their convenience. It'll be a race between Mike and I...his will ship from PEI, and mine will come from Edmonton.
Born in Regina but spent a lot of summers on the family farm near Kerrobert, so know that area well. I like my chances heheheheh!

Can't wait to see some flight vid of the Mossi on the prairies!

Marlin
Feb 25, 2011, 12:21 AM
Mine will be here Saturday!! CAN'T WAIT!! I was strongly considering another mustang though instead...teehee...does anyone know if this will be as fast as the mustang?
Feb 25, 2011, 01:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoondiggi95
Mine will be here Saturday!! CAN'T WAIT!! I was strongly considering another mustang though instead...teehee...does anyone know if this will be as fast as the mustang?
it has two mustang motors so double the power one would think it will be faster, BUT! it is also bigger than the other micros time will tell

cheers chuck
Feb 25, 2011, 01:19 AM
Park Stormer
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield
I just watched the video taken at E-FEST 2011 . The formation flying at the end was brilliant! I then went to the Hobbyzone site and ordered one of these little beauties. What a fantastic little plane! Has anyone worked on the retract mod yet?
We need the plane before we start putting retracts on it
Feb 25, 2011, 01:22 AM
Park Stormer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
it has two mustang motors so double the power one would think it will be faster, BUT! it is also bigger than the other micros time will tell

cheers chuck
Does it? I thought the parts listing showed the motors as their own skew?
Feb 25, 2011, 04:26 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
Does it? I thought the parts listing showed the motors as their own skew?
Just a guess but...

The motors are the same can size, I personally think that they are the same as the Mustang motors, but will require longer leads to get from the RX to the engine nacelles. There was a discussion a while back in this thread where we were discussing whether or not PZ had developed a whole new motor for the CCW rotating engine.

The part number is for 2 motors, so i guess that one is CW and the other is CCW rotating - tho i still think just reversing the polarity of one will suffice to achieve this.
Feb 25, 2011, 04:52 AM
These will be off-the-shelf motors (no model manufactuer will develop a bespoke brushed motor, which is why they have sub-optimal features like pressed finger brushes) so it will be a matter of whether the manufacturer has LH and RH variants of the same motor.

PDR
Feb 25, 2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter D Rieden
These will be off-the-shelf motors (no model manufactuer will develop a bespoke brushed motor, which is why they have sub-optimal features like pressed finger brushes) so it will be a matter of whether the manufacturer has LH and RH variants of the same motor.
Who will be first to tear them (or just the reverse rotating version) apart to check what they've done with the brushes?
Feb 25, 2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracer
Who will be first to tear them (or just the reverse rotating version) apart to check what they've done with the brushes?
Helllllll no - I'm goin to try to keep this baby pristine for as long as possible!
Feb 25, 2011, 07:33 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88
Helllllll no - I'm goin to try to keep this baby pristine for as long as possible!
It's funny because my motto when flying RC is "Fly it like you stole it". Basically, I don't care if I crash. Keep in mind I rarely crash, but hey, I'm also flying for the adrenaline rush so if I'm not flying by the seat of my pants every now and then, I won't fly anymore.

On the other side, for the first time with the Mossie, I'm thinking: "This plane will be my show plane only, this plane will be my show plane only" (that would be a first for me!) I always bring 2 or 3 boxes with me at the local park. Well, the way I see it now is "I'll bring the Mossie and only fly it when conditions are ideal, and only for show". What did happen to me?
Feb 25, 2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
On the other side, for the first time with the Mossie, I'm thinking: "This plane will be my show plane only, this plane will be my show plane only" (that would be a first for me!) I always bring 2 or 3 boxes with me at the local park. Well, the way I see it now is "I'll bring the Mossie and only fly it when conditions are ideal, and only for show". What did happen to me?
I try to do that with all my planes.... until i get a small crease in the wing or something - after that I don't really care what happens to it. My p51 was pristine for about 3 weeks my T-28 lasted even less - about 2 weeks. I'll see how long the mossie will last before i try some inverted flight at 6 inches off the ground.

I think that with the mass of the motors on the wings they will be likely to crease more if one manages to cartwheel it - I'm hoping there will be a CF spar across the wing.

Quick Reply